cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

besser2009
Adept I

Rizen 5 3350g incorrect frequency

Hey! I have a problem with rizen 5 3350g processor. Video playback is normal when browsing the Internet or desktop. But if you run a stress test or run a game, the temperature rises sharply
It was experimentally found that the motherboard incorrectly detects the processor frequency and, possibly, voltage. The maximum frequency in the BIOS is 4200 GHz, and the voltage is 1.45 V. If the information found by the frequency that the maximum frequency of this processor is 4000 GHz, then there is no information on the voltage at all. Tell me what is the default voltage on this processor and in the turbo boost. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Maybe someone will be useful: solved the problem by disabling the turbo core in the BIOS. The idle temperature dropped by 5-6 ° C, with the stress test no more than 55 ° C. Freezes in games and hard throttling disappeared when loading more than 80% of the processor. It is sad that the frequency is now 3600 MHz and not higher. In other matters, under load, I dropped the frequency when throttling to 3450mHz. So I even won.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
xeleron
Miniboss

Motherboard model?

0 Likes

Msi A320m pro-e

0 Likes

Your CPU is not supported by the motherboard officialy, (I have looked on MSI website) so you are out of luck. It looks like the motherboard is treating the CPU as a diferent model.

0 Likes

The fact of the matter is that the model is displayed correctly in the BIOS, I corrected the clock to 3600 MHz, but the temperature jumps in the stress tests remained. At the beginning of the test, it jumps to 60 degrees and rises to 90. After two minutes of such work, it starts dropping the frequency to 3.5-3.6 from 4.0 GHz. And after that it keeps stable in the region of 70 degrees.

0 Likes

Something that the processor in the supported ones did not see at all on any manufacturer.

0 Likes

Maybe someone will be useful: solved the problem by disabling the turbo core in the BIOS. The idle temperature dropped by 5-6 ° C, with the stress test no more than 55 ° C. Freezes in games and hard throttling disappeared when loading more than 80% of the processor. It is sad that the frequency is now 3600 MHz and not higher. In other matters, under load, I dropped the frequency when throttling to 3450mHz. So I even won.

0 Likes

I see that you solved the problem the same way that I did back in the day. I had a xeon e3 v2 installed on a q77 moho without official support. The only way I could achieve stability was by disabling turbo. 

0 Likes