Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

iljasv
Journeyman III

Return broken CPU Ryzen 2600

Hello,

I've made a PC less than year ago, with AMD Ryzen 2600 and Gigabyte B450 AORUS M.

It was shut down unexpectedly, and after that I could run it only once with the same result after some time.

Now it's not booting, LED-indicator on motherboard indicates CPU and nothing happening. I'd checked CPU on another motherboard - it wasn't working, but the motherboard itself was good (tested with another Ryzen 2600).

It was hot weather this days, but I don't understand why the thermal protection didn't worked. Looks like it was overheated, but cooler was ok.

Is the OEM warranty valid in this case? (i cannot return CPU through reseller).

I would like to return/change CPU, if it's possible, because thermal protection should work in such a cases.

P.S. CPU was bought as OEM at 24/10/2018

PC configuration:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Motherboard - Gigabyte B450 AORUS M rev.1.0

Storage - Samsung SSD 970EVO 500Gb

RAM - Samsung M378A1K43CB2-CTD
Graphics - Gigabyte GV-N1060IXOC-3GD rev.1.0

0 Likes
3 Replies

If you Processor came in a AMD Box from the Retailer, then you have a 3 year warranty from AMD from the date of purchase.

AMD Warranty of a Processor in a box:Warranty Service: Retail CPUs Purchased New in Box | AMD  and here is the actual Warranty requirements: AMD Processor in a box (PIB) 3 Year Limited Warranty | AMD 

Open an Online AMD WARRANTY REQUEST from here: AMD Warranty Request Form | AMD .

0 Likes

No, I wrote that I have OEM processor with 1 year warranty. Will online form help in this case? 

0 Likes

Sorry, I misread your original post.

Did this processor come already installed on a computer setup that you purchased? IF so then you need to go to the Retailer for Warranty Service which seems to have expired.

If your processor is OEM than AMD Warranty doesn't apply as per AMD: Warranty Service: OEM Processors | AMD 

OEM processor is when the processor comes installed in a computer that your purchased as a whole or comes loose in a unsealed box not from AMD for you to install in your new computer.

Sorry to hear that the processor is defective. Seems like the Retailer's Warranty expired and you are out of luck.

If you decided to replace it and purchase a new Ryzen AMD Processor from a sealed AMD Box from Amazon or some other online Retailer or regular Retailer then you will have a 3 year AMD Warranty on it.

NOTE: There is no harm in opening a AMD Warranty Request just to see if they verify that your Ryzen is OEM and is not covered by AMD Warranty. They will know by the serial number and model number of the Processor that you input in the online form. See what they suggest you do.

0 Likes