cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dante_2016
Adept I

Raven ridge vs windows 7.

Why is it not possible to install Windows 7 on systems with Raven Ridge, while this is possible with Summit and Pinnacle Ridge ?  I don't see any valid reason for just the Raven Ridge Generation being incompatible.

Honestly, I do not want to use Windows 10, because it's a trash OS, many people also think so. You're only hurting the platform by not supporting Windows 7.

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

dante_2016, as a user I cannot answer your question, but to attempt to help you, please post more information about your system.  Windows 7 does not have drivers for USB KB/Mouse and this is where many run into problems, but you have not told us what your actual problem is.  I have been around Ryzen from the start and do not know the relationship of the names (eg. Summit...) and processor model, so please be more specific.

I will strongly disagree with your statement that W10 is trash OS.  At least it is supported and up to date - it is the future.

If your board has a PS-2 connection(s) for mouse/KB, you might try that.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

misterj

Well that is personal opinion about what W10 is or may be in the future.

@dante_2016

There is nothing AMD can do about.

You need ask these kind qustions to Microsoft peoples.

0 Likes

abucodonosor, true!  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

It is against AMD Forum rules to open two identical threads. I gave a comment on this other thread you opened for the same problem: Lack of support. .

0 Likes

elstaci, please read dante_2016's PS in his other post.  He was blocked from Replying to the post.  Another user reported this same symptom.  There are more than a few bugs in this Forum.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

windows 7 is near the end of extended support, world+dog are all using windows 10 x64

0 Likes