cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

simaem
Adept I

Random reboots using 3600 AMD Ryzen

This is a long post so please bear with me. I have recently built a setup with the following configurations.

Ryzen 3600
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO (replaced it later on with ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E)
16GB G Skill 3600mhz mem
EVGA 2080 Super
Cougar 750 PSU (replaced it later on with Corsair RM1000)
SAMSUNG Evo M.2
Samsung SSD
Windows 10

This system ran fine and good for 2 months but then suddenly started restarting on its own without any error or BSOD. I thought it was a ram issue and tried a new pair of ram without any success. The issue persists.
After that I changed my motherboard as mentioned above and the system ran fine for 1 day but then again started restarting on its own.

I then bought a new PSU as mentioned above and it ran fine for sometime then started doing same thing again.
Currently I'm in a sad state of panic. The system runs fine If I'm on BIOS screen but as soon as I boot windows it restarts after sometime. Without doing anything and just staying on windows screen.

I have formatted my all drives and tried changing the windows boot drive.
I have disabled auto restart from windows.
I have tried everything I could think of and need help from fellow community members.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
rurouni51
Adept II

Hi simaen,

This sounds exactly like my issue with a 3900x (https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/3900x-low-stability-at-idle-or-low-load/m-p/424267).

Have you tried having something continuously load a single thread?  e.g. run prime95 with only a single thread running?

0 Likes

Hello friend.
I haven't done so because I just installed a new windows to check if its a windows issue but I will do it now and report you here. 
let me know if you find a solution please. 

0 Likes
buildorbust
Adept II

Agesa 1.1.0.0 terrible. Blame amd.

0 Likes