cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

yusuf_a91
Journeyman III

RANDOM REBOOT

Hi guys, having issues with my new PC. so since building and installing all relevant drivers, ive been having these random reboots, not sure whats causing it. it happens when idle, when opening chrome or any software.

It hasn't when under load, when playing games or bench-marking. All drivers and BIOS were updated. No eeror logs found.

Ive re-seated all components and cabling, and reduced something, my cpu temps are around 45-56 idle before and after reseating cpu. is this temp ok? I really need some help.

my setup:

AMD Ryzen 3600

B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 16gb 8x2

1TB nvme m.2

MSI 5700XT Gaming X

Corsair TX650M PSU

5 Replies

For many the Navi GPUs have had stability issues. However on a new build lots of things can be an issue.

First did you update the motherboard to the latest bios? and make sure they are and defaults.

Second did you install the latest AMD chipset driver?

Third is you memory on the QVL list for your motherboard? If not contact Corsair about what timings should be used and verify it is and set manually if needed.

Fourth are you running the latest AMD 20.5.1 GPU driver? If not install it using the "clean install option"

Fifth disable Windows 10 "Fast Startup" Google how. 

Now if you did all that and still have issues try a couple things.

Remove all memory sticks and try one at a time and see if that helps. It could be a bad module. 

If you have another old GPU around see if it is better with that GPU. If the problems are gone well you are suffering from driver issues or a card itself issue. In that case contact your cards makers support department.

You may also contact AMD support for help here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

Hey thanks for getting back, so just an update so far.

I've checked the msi website and the specific ram code cmw16gx4m2c3200c16 has 4 instances under the qvl. So that's ok I guess.

I've contacted amazon to replace the 2 dimms just in case it is a faulty dimm or both. So will see then.

I've also got them to give me another 5700xt gaming x, as a replacement just in case that does anything.

Now in regards to the bios, that's up to date but just to make sure I refreshed the latest bios. I have installed all the relevant drivers including the chipset drivers 

Now the interesting part, the driver which is recommended was the 20.4.2 and it worked, played my games and did a few benchmarks and all sorts but did experience the reboots. After updating and reinstalling the latest drivers it got 10x worse, couldn't even change resolutions within a game or play for more than 5-10 mins.

I really want to stick with this card but I cant cope with this random reboot every now and then. If it is the drivers or the card itself. So if there is anything else I'm missing or doing wrong, please HELP!

And also, if I try another GPU that doesnt use the adrenaline drivers, like an nvidia or rx590 and the problem is resolved, it is worth keeping the 5700xt with the possibility of AMD sorting this out?

0 Likes

I had this issue with a 5700xt also... I had to update the bios on my GPU and also I binned off the adrenaline software... install only the drivers. AMD GPU's are great, the software is pants. 
hope this helps 

0 Likes
jorgon
Journeyman III

I had this same issue, and found to my surprise that it was caused by a faulty start switch.  This was shorting intermittently.  Actually I shouldn't have been surprised because soon after I first purchased the case, I found that the reset switch was shorting intermittently with the same type of result.  I replaced that switch, and assumed it was a one-off.  But several years later the same thing happened to the start switch.  I suppose logic should have told me that when the case was manufactured they used a bad batch of switches.

0 Likes

*edit wrong topic. I wanted comment to other topic

0 Likes