Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DragonWRLD
Journeyman III

Random Reboot AMD RYZEN 3600 WHEA ID18

Hello! First of all here are my PC specs:

cpu: AMD RYZEN 5 3600

motherboard: GIGABYTE AROUS M (previously MSI B450M PRO VDH MAX)

bios version: F51

Graphics: GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6G

ram: TEAM GROUP KIT 16GB (8x2) DDR4 3200MHZ VULCAN Z

psu: SEASONIC CORE GM 650W (80+ gold)

sdd: KINGSTON A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe 2280

My computer is having random reboots that are often associated with an WHEA event id18. These reboots seem to happen when in low load, for example using google chrome, watching youtube, using other low load apps. It has never reboot while playing League of Legends. It alsos seems to reboot more after using the pc for a while.

This problem has actually started happening a while ago, as of last October. The computer was always going into repair mode while booting windows, but never actually repaired anything. So I contacted a friend to check it out and clean the pc. I think he did some updates but don't for sure what he did. What happened was: PC ended not being able to boot with RAM sticks in dual channel. In fact, it was only able to boot with either 1 RAM stick or 2 RAM stick in DIMMA1 and DIMMB1. It was also in this time when the random reboots started happening. Did some troubleshooting and tests and ended going to the retail shop where I bought he pc for a diagnosis of the situation. They told me the motherboard had DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 slots damaged and it needed replacement. So I bought the GIGABYTE AROUS M motherboard to replace it.

The RAM problem was solved with the new motherboard. However I am still experiencing reboots. I have read a lot of threads about this problem and have already done a lot of troubleshooting. Here is a list of I did:

-Disabling XMP profile

-Disabling PBO

-Disabling Global C State

-Disabling Core Performance Boost: The pc boots but I can't even get passed the lock screen because it reboots.

-Increasing VCORE and VSOC voltage by 0,006 0,012 or 0,018.

-Reinstalling AMD RYZEN MASTER

-Reinstaling Graphics Card Drivers

Non of these option worked. There was only one option that someone in another thread that worked:

-Unistalling AMD RYZEN MASTER and Lowering Core Multiplier from 36 to 34.

Experienced no reboots with this option which deactivates the Core Performance Boost feature of spiking cpu frequency and sets a max freq. And yes, with Core Performance Boost off the pc won't boot properly as I explained.

While I could just leave the frequency at 3.40 or even 3.57hz, this causes a decrease in performance because CPB is not working.

Thank you for your attention,

I hope I can solve my problem and that this thread helps other people solve their own problems.

0 Likes
0 Replies