cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bgoodman
Journeyman III

Random number generator

I've noticed an issue with the new Ryzen 3000 series CPU's. The internal random number generator is returning the same value. I'm seeing this on a 3900x and 3800x. Has anyone run into this issue. This is happening with _rdrand16_step(), _rdrand32_step() and _rdrand64_step().

I've verified the problem under GCC (mingw-w64), Clang and Microsoft's Visual Studio 2019.

This problem does not exist on the 2700x or other Intel processors.

Is something missing?

0 Likes
1 Reply

Needed to google "_rdrand16_step(), _rdrand32_step() and _rdrand64_step()" to find out what software or program uses that code.

Seems to be used in C+/C++ compiler programming. Maybe you should post your question at Newcomers Start Here where other programmers and developers posts. They may have an answer once the AMD Moderator determines which developer Forum it is most appropriate to post.

When I googled it, it did refer to AMD Developer guides and Manuals over here: https://developer.amd.com/resources/developer-guides-manuals/ 

Note: If I guessed wrong then I apologize. Maybe some other Users with programming experience here can assist you.

0 Likes