Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

matheus_amorim
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Random freezing+blackscreen in a new Ryzen 5 1400 stock

Hi! I've just bought a Ryzen 5 1400 to replace my A10 7860K, but randomly the system freeze then I have a black screen (1-2s) so system return to normality. That problem occurs usually when I'm playing or just surfing on internet. When I'm playing and it freezes+black screen, I can keep listen the game sound but I return to windows and game crashes. In windows log I have this message:

display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered. After freeze+black screen, Radeon Settings crashes and I have to re-open it. I already tryed many things found in the internet to solve this problem but no lucky until now. I re-installed windows; re-installed video graphic driver, re-installed chipset driver, updated mobo bios, installed old video graphic driver and many other things. I really need help!

Stress results:
CPU: OCCT, 15 min, no errors, max temp was 64 °C

GPU: MSI Kombustor, 10 min, no errors, max temp was 75 °C

Memories: mem test, no errors

Config:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1400 (stock)
Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx 300

Memo: Corsair vengeance LPX 2x4gb 3000ghz (I'm using at 2133)

Mobo: Asus TUF B350M-Plus Gaming (bios updated)

PSU: Corsair cx500 500W

GPU: Powercolor Red Dragon amd Rx470 4gb (stock)

Radeon settings: 17.12.2

Obs 1: In my A10 7860K, I was able to play and surf on internet with no problems. I used same PSU and GPU.
Obs 2: A friend of mine has the same problem. He's just bought a Ryzen 5 1600X, Asus TUF B350M-Plus Gaming, Corsair LPX 2x8gb 2400, GALAX NVIDIA GTX 1060 EXOC 6GB and CORSAIR CX750M

0 Kudos
8 Replies
s66ix
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Random freezing+blackscreen in a new Ryzen 5 1400 stock

I have the same, but mine crashes only when playing video games.. and sometimes playing video.

got a new Ryzen 5 1600 and a 1 year old RX 470 nitro + , there is still no fix. been having this for a few months now... my trust in AMD is going down very fast

0 Kudos
matheus_amorim
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

What is your setup? Specialy mobo and memos?

0 Kudos
s66ix
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

check my set up here:

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered - RX 470 Nitro +

im currently testing amd driver:  17.9.1 which so far runs stable the past 2.5 hours gaming

0 Kudos
matheus_amorim
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I'll try this AMD driver too, but a friend of mine told that, at this time, there is a issue between Asus mobos and Corsair vengeance lpx memo. I don't know If it's real, but I know 3 people more with the same problem and every them have a Asus mobo and Corsair lpx memo.

0 Kudos
arcticwind
Forerunner
Forerunner

Did you "clear" the CMOS on the motherboard when you changed the processor?

if not: clear the CMOS, then do a clean install of win10 and do a full update, then do a clean install of the video driver.

0 Kudos
s66ix
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

just had the ""Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered"" again, this time when i opend Facebook , so not fixed :\

0 Kudos
matheus_amorim
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yes, I did that, some times

Unfortunately, the problem is Asus + corsair vengeance memories. Using both sticks, I'm having problems in memory stability test by Aida64. Trying each stick separately, one stick works fine in Aida test but another one does not. I tried kingston memories in my pc and worked fine. I tried my corsair memories in intel pc and worked fine too. In a brazilian forum about AMD Ryzen, there are 3 people more with Asus + corsair vengeance with the same problem. One stick works fine and another one does not. In x370 motherboards, it freezes sporadically, but in b350 motherboards, it freezes more times, mainly while gaming and watching videos.

0 Kudos
matheus_amorim
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yeah! Now I bought a Nvidia 1060 and problem kepp going. Now it shows "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I'm almost sure that the problem is Asus + corsair vengeance memory.

Try memory stability test by Aida64. I always have "Hardware failure".

0 Kudos