Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

chevy454
Adept I

RAM upgrade suggestion

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor

Product ID: 00326-10000-00000-AA230

I had a friend contact me asking to look at their desktop and it currently only has 4gb RAM, and I think the memory (or lack thereof) is a big part of their problem.  He works for our small town police department and this particular unit houses their body cam footage and other secure documents and it's struggling, so I believe some more memory would help.  

Can someone kindly point me in the direction of a compatible RAM module/stick, please?  Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies

What is the Make & Model of the motherboard that needs to upgrade the RAM Memory?

If unknown download a safe free program called SPECCY which will let you know the Make & Model of many of the computer's hardware.

SPECCY should also tell you the RAM Part number and manufacturer. From that you can find out the type of RAM you need and find the same part to purchase depending on how many DIMM Slots (Ram Memory slots) the motherboard has.

Then we can go from there to see what RAM MEMORY you can upgrade to that will be the most compatible with the processor and motherboard.

0 Likes

Cool, thanks, that sounds like a great option!  I was hesitant to pop open the case when I was there the other day and they were asking me for help, as I didn't want to create any issues and I was in a bit of a rush.  I'll check it out and report back!

Looks like it's an M3A78-EM

20210902_175916.jpg

0 Likes

In the link is a zip file, containing the Qualified Vendor List (QVL) for your motherboard. However, your system is a bit old. You may be better off purchasing a new system - than throwing money at an old system.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M3A78-EM/M3A78-EM_QVL.zip

Ryzen 5 Pro 4650g, ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac, 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz, SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500GB, Super Flower Leadex III Gold 850W
0 Likes