cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

methos777
Journeyman III

Ram speed problems

I purchased your Amd 2700x Ryzen cpu with a B450 motherboard and Corsair Veng 3200hz 32gb( 4 sticks at 8gb) and picked the Xmp profile under the bios for 3200hz and even set the voltage to 1.40 but yet when I save and go into windows and run test, my test show that my memory only runs at 2133hz. 

How do I fix this?  

0 Likes
2 Replies

I suggest you check first your Motherboard's QVL List for RAM MEMORY and see if your Ram is listed. If it is listed, check to see if it is compatible for Overclocking and what is its Motherboard native Ram speed.

Also BIOS/UEFI has a lot to do with RAM Memory compatibility. So you should upgrade to the latest BIOS/UEFI version and CHIPSET and see if you can overclock your RAM using XMP in BIOS Settings.

Normally you should upgrade to the latest Motherboard CHIPSET before upgrading to the latest BIOS/UEFI version.

0 Likes

You will get a better result with that memory in an X570 motherboard as the lower cost boards are poorly made.

I  replaced by R5 2400G with an R5 3600 which has improved memory capacity too, it can achieve DDR4-3200 which is what my RAM is rated at.

I have the G.Skill Flare X which is 16-18-18-36 and it is fairly good performance with testing.

0 Likes