Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

blueyestm
Journeyman III

R9 3900x Crashes When Starting A Game

My Configuration:

R9 3900x on ASUS AM4 Pro WS X570-ACE with BIOS version 3402 released on 3/22/2021.
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super, 8GB Dual HDB Fans with NVIDIA Drive 466.63
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 16GB x 4 DDR4 3200Mhz
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower PF1 750W
Cooling: Cooler Master ML360R AIO CU Liquid Cooler
Case: Lian Li PC-O11DW 011
Fans: Cooler Master MF120 Halo Duo-Ring x 5
Display: ViewSonic VX3276-UHD
OS Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB
Secondary Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 2TB
Windows 10 Home V 20H2 OS Build: 19042.985

System was built in September 2020 running problem-free until recently. Now, when starting games, I am noticing the EDC (CPU) will max out on the AMD Ryzen Master. I noticed the power options were set to AMD Ryzen Balanced which I immediately changed to Windows Balanced which showed noticeably lower levels when idling essentially across all of the CPU/Power settings. While opening a game every single level is green except the EDC (CPU) maxes out to which the system shuts off. In reviewing the event logs there is no specific reason that I can locate. I am unsure of where else to look at this point.

I have not altered any of the configurations and is all set as default currently. I did update the BIOS maybe a month ago and assume this would be the issue but do not remember the previous version. So my question is, should I just chose an older BIOS version and start installing one by one to see if this resolves the issue or is this even BIOS related at all? Could the chip be the issue?

0 Likes
0 Replies