cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

liwubie
Adept I

r5 3600 77°C makes my pc rebooting

It's my second post, on my first i got no answer but it doesn't matter lol, but i don't understand why my computer react like this : when my r5 3600 goes over 77°C my computer is restarting automatically (not standard rebooting, black screen, i see msi icon and after i'm back to windows), my fan is always at 2631 rpm average, no matter if the cpu temperature is 34°C or 70°C and other (i have stock cooler with stock thermal paste). If someone can help me it will be great (my cpu isn't oc'ed, i've enable only game boost in bios, always at 4,2 ghz). 

0 Likes
8 Replies
noa
Adept I

Hi ! I suggest to load defaults in BIOS, set the XMP on the RAM( if it is the case). In Windows change the power plan to Power Saver ( the windows one not the Ryzen one). In the Bios there should be an option to manually set the RPM curve you want, so try that out too.

I hope ths helps.

0 Likes

Thx for your help, i've done everything u told me, but my computer was still rebooting over 77°C ... But ! You helped me a lot, because i had an idea : disable pbo in bios. Now my fan is at 890 rpm average when i do nothing special (idle) and it goes at 2600 rpm average when i'm testing it on cinebenchR20. But now the problem is high temperature and high voltage (when i disabled pbo, i did it for game boost too and set the multiplier to 42.00). When i had the fan at max speed, pbo enabled (auto) and game boost enabled, the cpu vcore was always around 1.350v - 1.360v at idle and when i do huge task. Now at idle it goes to 0.990v - 1.1v and 1.592v max for full load, but the most impressive were this voltage and 91°C during the test O_o. Ok, i have stock cooler but the temp goes so high with this voltage, does undervolting will keep my performances ?

0 Likes

Don't mess with the multiplier or the voltage, leave everything on auto, the CPU knows what to do, it adapts voltage/mhz to temps. If you undervolt you will lose a lot of performance in single threaded apps, it is not worth it. I sugest you change the stock cooler for something more powerful. 

On my 3700x i use a noctua NH-U12S with a push/pull config and i still get 75C under full load in CB15, CB20. Try leaving the side cover of the case off see if that help with the temps.

0 Likes

Hum, i know i'm gonna switch to an other better cooler at christmas i think, but the voltage worries me... what's the max secure voltage for ryzen 3000 series ? At 1.6v I feel like i'm going to kill the cpu.

0 Likes

As i said DO NOT mess arround with the voltage. The CPU knows best how much Volts it needs @ what Mhz/temp. I would say safest single thread would be around 1.45, safest multi thread 1.33. 1.6V i think it's in the liquid nitrogen area.

0 Likes

Btw i didn't put vcore at 1.6v, it was in auto and i have specified that was the max voltage reached during cinebenchR20 test. Don't take me for a noob, I understand what u say, but i wanna know why the voltage is so high.

0 Likes
noa
Adept I

I am not taking you for a noob, sorry if you think that

So If you have the BIOS settings on auto an the Vcore get's to 1.6 then there is a problem fo sure, and i tend to say it's the motherboard. What MOBO do you have and do u have the latest BIOS update for it? If you don't have the latest BIOS version then try to get it, though be careful when flashing. 

0 Likes

I have an msi b450m gaming plus with version 7B87v17 of bios. They currently added the version 7B87v18 (the latest) so i'm going to flash it but idk if it will change a lot of things :

- Support ComboPI 1.0.0.3ab
- Support OC Profile
- Improve memory compatibility

I don't know what is ComboPI, but maybe an interesting thing to solve some problems.

0 Likes