Did you mean: 

Processors

Tobi_007
Adept I

"Irregular" AMD Ryzen 5 5600H

I had bought the HP Pavilion Gaming 15 ec2087x
AMD Ryzen 5 5600h
RTX 3050

My problem is that the regular idle temperatures used to be 40-45 degrees C, now after playing Apex Legends in a period of 4 hours in only 2 days, the regular idle temperature became 50 degrees C. Is this regular?

What is the idle temperature?
What is the temperature when gaming? (I scored an average of 80fps on medium-high settings on Apex Legends)
Is it really like this? (Intel processors often chill at 45 degrees C in over 2 months. I got an AMD chip on only 3 weeks.)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well considering that the Maximum Operating Temperature of the processor before it starts to throttle or slow down is 105C then you don't have a problem.

Also you can configure, if allowed in BIOS Settings, to lower or increase the TDP of the processor from 35 watts to 54 watts. The default is 45 watts.

The lower the TDP the cooler it runs but it isn't as powerful.

But you need to check to make sure the Laptop's vents input and output are not clogged or dirty which can prevent good air flow inside your laptop and the Laptop's fan is running at maximum when it is getting hot.

Plus you can't really compare Intel with AMD processors. They are engineered differently thus have different thermal parameters.

EDIT: But if you see the temperature constantly above 95C then you should find out why it is running so hot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Well considering that the Maximum Operating Temperature of the processor before it starts to throttle or slow down is 105C then you don't have a problem.

Also you can configure, if allowed in BIOS Settings, to lower or increase the TDP of the processor from 35 watts to 54 watts. The default is 45 watts.

The lower the TDP the cooler it runs but it isn't as powerful.

But you need to check to make sure the Laptop's vents input and output are not clogged or dirty which can prevent good air flow inside your laptop and the Laptop's fan is running at maximum when it is getting hot.

Plus you can't really compare Intel with AMD processors. They are engineered differently thus have different thermal parameters.

EDIT: But if you see the temperature constantly above 95C then you should find out why it is running so hot.

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply, it just felt weird for having a higher temperature presence switching to AMD in gaming (I used to have an i5 and it was averaging 75-80 degrees C in max load, I am talking about Medium-Max Graphics on Minecraft level, which is sometimes averaging 30-60 FPS. Idle temperature was standard at the time, around 30 degrees C to 45 degrees C usually, compared to the AMD chip I have now which I think requires thermal paste renewal. It is idle 47+ degrees C whenever I check the AMD software app) Now that I realize that the tolerance level reaches 105 degrees C and I can configure the wattage by myself, I have a sense of security that it wouldn't degrade faster than I thought, around 3 years at most. Thank you for the reply, I found it informative.

Just for your information only this is where I got my information from AMD:

Screenshot 2022-02-27 093811.png

TDP Rating is the amount of wattage of the CPU Cooler you will need to keep the processor from overheating. The higher the TDP wattage the stronger the CPU Cooler needs to be.

In your case since it is a laptop mobile processor it depends on your laptop's cooling system and the Thermal Paste effectiveness.

You can always purchase a LAPTOP COOLING PAD to help your laptop cooling system to be more efficient.

0 Likes