cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

llmikeybll
Adept I

"CPU Over Voltage Error! Press F1 to Run Setup"

So the new bane in my life... recently getting this error message when booting up. True to its word the Core Voltage is running high at 1.6V. Updated BIOS, restored factory defaults and I can't change this, nothing changes this (Either manually changing the CPU voltage it or applying an offset) It doesn't budge. However I can bypass this and boot into Windows by disabling voltage monitoring.

Interestingly enough Ryzen Master, CPUID and a few other monitoring programs give an average 1.28V, with normal temperatures, not what you'll expect running at 1.6V!

The only exception being CPU-z which still reads 1.6V... weirdly.

So the BIOS and CPU-z read a higher voltage than what must be true? (Given the low temps and other voltage readouts). I read it might be to do with a failure of the system monitoring chip or its voltage sensing connection to the Vcore rail.

Any Ideas? Thanks

RYZEN 7 2700x

ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

16GB DDR4 RAM

0 Likes
1 Reply

Open an Asus Support "CHAT" session (fastest way to get support) and see if they believe your Motherboard needs to be RMAed: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING | ROG - Republic Of Gamers | ASUS USA 

If your Rzyen is running on 1.6v then it will definitely damage the processor or the processor will shut down. Most likely it is a bad Motherboard Sensor or your PSU is supplying bad power. 

First I would check to see if your Motherboard needs to be RMAed by Asus.

0 Likes