cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

S1L3nCe
Journeyman III

Question regarding Windows Power Schemes and multiplier configuration on Ryzen 5000 series

Hello!

I've been recently messing around with Windows 10 power plans (Power Saver, Balanced and High Performance) and I realised that when I selected Power Saver, the multiplier of my Ryzen 5600X goes as low as x17 (1740 MHz), which is great to lower temperatures. But when I select Balanced, the multiplier never goes below x36.

The only obvious problem that I've observed with Power Saver is that when you run a demanding task (like a CPU Benchmark), the multiplier transitions slowly towards x44-x45 instead of jumping there immediately, which is what Balance scheme does. This also hinders the responsiveness of the system when you need an instant CPU performance boost. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to extend the multiplier range of the Balanced scheme from x17 (or even lower if possible) to its maximum, so that I could have both low temperatures when idle and also high CPU responsiveness when needed.

I recently came across an incredible tool called Windows power plan settings explorer utility (you can find it in Guru3D) which allows you to:

• Show/hide all the available power settings (most of them are hidden by default).

• See the values of every power scheme at the same time for every option.

• Change settings on the fly.

• Change Power Schemes on the fly.

So, by tweaking those settings I could achieve exactly what I want to accomplish but I haven't figured out yet what settings do I need to change xD As you can see in this picture, there are more than 60 settings available and I don't really know what most of them do, except for those that are kind of self-explanatory.

I would really appreciate if someone could give me a hand to understand these settings (at least the required ones for what I want to achieve) because I'm completely lost

Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies

You would need to speak to the creator of the App. at guru3d.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
S1L3nCe
Journeyman III

No, I don't need to. Read my post again if you are really interested. The app just makes it easy to access those hidden settings. The name of the settings are all Windows power settings. It's not like a custom app or anything like that.

My question is not about how to use the app (which is extremely simple) but how to setup the power scheme according to the situation I described.

0 Likes