cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

samaj101
Adept I

Processor issue

How to Figure Out if My Processor Is Damaged or not? or even after fitting how to check health of processor.

-motherboard just hang up (totally freeze up) i changed every component(RAM,M2 SSD,SMPS) still not working but after changing processor it is working.how this is possible?

MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC and MSI B45OI GAMING PLUS MAX WIFI AM4 MINI-ITX .

Processor AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 4042 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. B.40, 2/8/2021
BIOS Mode UEFI
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Any suggestion would be appreciated.Thanks in Advance!!

0 Likes
4 Replies

You have a AMD APU (Processor with graphics). If you uninstall the AMD Graphics driver does it still freeze up?

Download OCCT and stress the test the CPU and PSU and GPU and see if all three finishes successfully. Keep a look at the Temperatures and PSU outputs during each of the tests for anything abnormal.

Could be a Graphic's driver issue.

If you want you can open a AMD Warranty ticket and see if they believe your APU is defective or not from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form

0 Likes

If you uninstall the AMD Graphics driver does it still freeze up?

YES !! i have more than 20 system its hard to figure out.tried in one sytem.not working

i change ssd,ram but same issue but when i exchanged 2 processor that 2 system working fine...continue 3 days and still on!!!

upgrade BIOS version also not helped that.

0 Likes

Okay you mentioned that you exchanged processor and everything is working fine now?

That could indicate hardware that is incompatible with the processor like the RAM memory.

NOTE: In case I misread your previous post if it does continue to freeze after switching processors then I suggest you open MSI Support ticket to see if your motherboard is defective since it is freezing with two different processors installed.

0 Likes

I replace RAM and ssd still same issue!!

Another issue i changed another processor (which was working fine).

0 Likes