cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

connecto
Journeyman III

Processor incompatible with ram or motherboard?

Hi, since now I have used the Ryzen 5 1600x processor with 2 x 8gb of 3200mhz DDR4 ram (g.skill ripjaws) on a MSI Krait gaming motherboard powered by a 700watt evga 80+ bronze psu. I recently tried to change my processor for a Ryzen 7 2700 but when installed, it was lagging so much that it took me 5 minutes to open and search something on google while having less than a frame/seconds. (I allready have updated my bios and all of my drivers)

0 Likes
2 Replies

See if you RAM MEMORY is listed for the 2nd Generation Processors under your motherboard's QVL List: Support For B350 KRAIT GAMING | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

RAM MEMORY may be compatible with the 1st generation Processors but not with the 2nd Generation Processors.

If the new AMD processor was incompatible with the Motherboard, It wouldn't even boot up.

Also update the BIOS/UEFI and CHIP Set versions to see if it makes any difference.

also check Task Manager and see if you have a program that might be causing the delay while surfing by keeping the Hard drive busy all the time.