Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ronas
Journeyman III

Processor for composing

Hello

I want to buy a processor for composing. I use DAW Apps and lots of heavy VST Plugins in my projects.

1. Is the number of cores more important or the frequency of the cores to compose at such a level? For example Ryzen 2700 is better or Ryzen 3600.

2. Which features of a processor are more important to compose in order?(Cache, frequency, architecture, Core,             Hyper-threading, features like SSE4.2, System Memory, Memory Channels, Base Clock, Max Boost Clock )

Thank You

0 Likes
1 Reply
dacq
Adept III

That's not how people choose processors. Any Ryzen will meet your needs. An older fx6300 could do 4k video editing. Choose the best-value processor for your budget.

A YouTube commenter wrote: “I went from a heavily oc'ed (i5) 2500k to a Ryzen 2600 and the difference is pretty unbelievable in both gaming and outside of gaming.”

"A friend of mine just got a Ryzen 1700X (8-core 16-thread) computer. He wanted me to see it so I came over. I tried it and it seemed faster than my computer, but I was not overly impressed. He noticed my disappointment and pushed me away from the computer. He said "Watch this"! He opened 5 tabs in his web browser and opened a 4k you-tube video in each tab except the last where he opened an 8K video! He opened 3 1080p videos in VLC player (each separate instances) and one more VLC video playing 4k video. Finally he ran a full malware-bytes and anti-virus scan. The cpu never went above 58 degrees celcius in temperature and cpu utilization went 52%-72%. He let me try the computer while all this activity was simultaneously going on and it was still faster than my computer (older Intel i5). I was so impressed that I promised him I would buy my own Ryzen computer before the end of the year!"

“My Ryzen 5 3600X surpasses my I7 9700k machine in almost all functions. My I7 machine is relegated to my 7 yearolds Roblox habit and nothing else. Hell, my Ry 3600x beats the I9 in single thread.”

0 Likes