Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pkuboszek
Journeyman III

Processor change for mainboard Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H

Jump to solution

Processor change: I have a mainboard Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (30.04.2008) and processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200 . I would like to change it for something newer. Which model of processor fits this mainboard?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
neon
Miniboss

Re: Processor change for mainboard Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H

Jump to solution

Here is the CPU compatibility list: GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE

Since this is an AM2+ motherboard, a wide variety of AM2, AM2+, and AM3 processors are compatible. The newest/best would be Phenom II X6 series and Phenom II X4 series. Note that these are AM3 CPUs - they can work with DDR2 memory, but performance will be a little lower than with DDR3 memory.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
neon
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Here is the CPU compatibility list: GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE

Since this is an AM2+ motherboard, a wide variety of AM2, AM2+, and AM3 processors are compatible. The newest/best would be Phenom II X6 series and Phenom II X4 series. Note that these are AM3 CPUs - they can work with DDR2 memory, but performance will be a little lower than with DDR3 memory.

View solution in original post

pkuboszek
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thank you for quick response. These processors are available in Poland, and costs 80 and 50 EUR. I am going to buy Phenom II X6.

Have a nice day.