cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Dehaka
Journeyman III

Processeur Overheating in game

Hi, I'm currently using a Ryzen 5 4500 processor and I'm having quite a bothersome problem. I have a water cooling system and even with that, when I play, the temperature reaches highs of up to 100 degrees in just 10-30 minutes, no matter which game.

The processor is new.
The same thing was happening with the previous processor.
I automatically crash after a game of about 15 minutes.
Thank you for your feedback, I will give you more details if needed.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Which Monitoring program are you using to get the CPU Temperatures?

What is the Make & Model of your AIO CPU Cooler?

Your Ryzen 5 4500 Processor has a Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c. Once it reaches 95c it will start to automatically throttle or slow down and if the Temps keep rising will shut down the PC to prevent damage to the CPU.

The TDP Rating for the 4500 is 65 Watts. So you would need a CPU Cooler rated at minimum 150 Watts to prevent your CPU Cooler from running hot or overheating.

Seems like your AIO CPU Cooler is not working correctly, not installed correctly, Poor Air Circulation inside your PC, or isn't strong enough for your CPU.

NOTE: If this was the same AIO for both processors that is a strong indication the problem is with your AIO CPU Cooler or poor air circulation inside your PC case.

Please post your PC information.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Dehaka, 4500 maximum temperature is "Max. Operating Temperature (Tjmax)  95°C", see here. We do need more details, all your system parts including OS. I doubt you are reaching 100C and suspect you are using a bad utility. Use only Ryzen Master (RM) and please uninstall all others. Get nothing but your BIOS from the MB vendor. Now, make sure your cooler is mounted properly, does not have the plastic shield on the bottom, is still tight and does have a good thermal paste applied. I run all my fans and my pump on 12 Volts and suggest if your using BIOS fan control to set them all on full speed continuously. Please post screenshots of RM both Basic and Advanced views running Cinebench R23, images of RM only. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes