Did you mean: 

Processors

mcuevas
Journeyman III

Problems with dual channel and AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Buenas tardes,

Dispongo de la siguiente configuración de equipo:
  • Placa Base: MSI Mpg X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi
  • Procesador: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Procesador con disipador de calor Wraith Prism (32 MB, 8 núcleos, velocidad de 4.4 GHz, 65 W)
  • Memoria RAM: HyperX Predator HX436C17PB4AK2/16 - Memoria RAM (DDR4 16GB 3600MHz, DDR4 CL17 DIMM, 2x 8G, XMP RGB)
  • Tarjeta Gráfica: SAPPHIRE 11289-07-20G - Tarjeta gráfica (Radeon RX 590, 8 GB, GDDR5, 256 bit, 5120 x 2880 Pixeles, PCI Express x16 3.0)
  • Almacenamiento M.2: Crucial P1 CT500P1SSD8 - Disco Duro sólido Interno SSD de 500 GB (3D NAND, NVMe, PCIe, M.2)
  • Disco de almacenamiento: Seagate BarraCuda - Disco duro interno de 1 TB (2,5', 7 mm, 128 MB de caché SATA 6 GB/s hasta 140 MB/s) Negro
  • Fuente de alimentación: Corsair TX750M - Fuente de Alimentación (Semi Modular, 80 Plus Gold, 750 Watt, EU)
  • BIOS actualizada a 7B93v1.
  • Semitorre: Corsair Carbide 275R - Caja de ordenador semitorre para juegos (Torre Media ATX con ventana de vidrio templado), negro
No me ha costado nada montarlo todo, es bastante sencillo, pero me han surgido problemas con la memoria RAM, pues no hay manera de que me funcione el DUAL CHANNEL. Según se recomienda en el manual de la placa, he de insertar un módulo de memoria en la ranura 2, DIMMA2 (channel A) y o tro en la 4  DIMMB4 (channel B) , pues eso es lo que he hecho y no ha funcionado, se encendía el led rojo de CPU. Luego he probado todas las combinaciones posibles, y solo me ha funcionado con un único módulo en DIMMA1, solo 8 GB, o bien insertando los módulos en DIMMA1 y DIMMA2 (16 GB). Además he comprobado que todas las conexiones estén correctamente, y está todo bien. También he probado con los dos perfiles de memoria que tengo en la BIOS, y tampoco. Así que necesito vuestra ayuda, a ver si hay suerte...
No tengo claro que el problema sea de la placa o del procesador, pues en la generación anterior, la serie 2000, ya tuvo problemas con la RAM. A ver si entre MSI y ustedes me pueden dar una solución. Muchas gracias!!

Saludos.
0 Likes
8 Replies
shinkojiro
Miniboss

It is likely a bad memory module.

0 Likes

It isn't the problem, because I have tested differents modules of differents brands, and the problem continue. I'm waiting for the answer of MSI too. Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes

In that case, it can also be a bad CPU or bad board, just either of those are worst case. If you have an older AM4 board you can try one of those boards and see if the memory problems persist, and if so RMA CPU.

0 Likes

I think that the problem is the motherboard because it is new and it needs a BIOS update. I would like to try the CPU in an older motherboard, but I don't have it. I’m waiting for the answer of MSI, I'm sure that I'm not the only user with this problem. Thanks for all!!

0 Likes

Please put your opening post in English language as per the rules and regulations of the forum in future. 

0 Likes

Is the memory you are using on the motherboards qualified memory list?

0 Likes
rodrox
Adept III

Hi, try this:

1. Shutdown your PC.

2. Make sure and leave only 1 stick of RAM on the first slot (the one your motherboard manual said to work with dual channel setup).

3. Clear CMOs following the procedure described on the manual (something like, take out the battery for at least 1/2 mins).

2. Go into BIOS (you should have only 1 DIMM installed/ 8GB of RAM) and load default settings, save and exit.

3. Let the PC load Windows and then, once its on Windows for atleast 1 min and all initial programs are strated, shutdown the PC.

4. Now add the second RAM stick on the the right slot on your motherboard.

5. Turn on your PC and go to Windows.

6. Use CPU-Z or similar program to check if Dual Channel is now working.

7. If its working, you can now reestart your PC, and try setting the right speed profile of your RAM on the BIOS.

Hope it helps.

Saludos!

0 Likes

check to see if there is a new BIOS, there are still lots of problems with the X570 systems