user0524
Adept I

Re: Problems waking PC from sleep

Thanks, I might give this a go

0 Kudos
jagged78
Adept I

Yeah definitely. I tried everything, then I found this fix in a forum on the intel side of things having the same behavior. So again, just go to each and pick the "search automatically for updated driver software". It will want you to restert and hopefully you'll be golden. 

0 Kudos
rusman
Journeyman III

The clue is your BIOS reset...
Disable all your overclocking first - reset MOBO BIOS to the default settings. What you are desribing is what I was exeprienced due to wrong overclocking values.

muresblue
Journeyman III

I had this sleep wake-up issue with a Gigabyte Master x570 motherboard. I did dozens of tests, concluded there are chances it comes from the motherboard. I sent it back and bought from another reseller, same model. With the exact same hardware, I don't have the sleep problem anymore.

0 Kudos
jeremyenos
Journeyman III

SOLVED!
Had the same issue and banged my head on it for a while.  Further complicating it, I had two issues at once- an ssd going bad was making the sleep time pretty inconsistent.  But anyway, that's ultimately unrelated.  My symptoms were that after suspending, only some fans would come back on and I'd never get resumed correctly... and the RGB's were a bit inconsistent on the fans as well.

Well...  I was using D-RGB from the mainboard.  But ALSO powering the cases's RGB button controller (a Phanteks case) with a sata connector.  Finally thinking it over, it occurred to me that these were mutually exclusive and should not both be plugged in at the same time!  Yanking the case's RGB power cleared all this up for me instantly.

Hope that helps someone out.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherPhil
Adept I

You are a Saint, I solute you Sir 😉

After reading your solution, I disabled hybrid sleep & toggled 'Allow wake timers' as it was already enabled & voila! resume from sleep is now working. TY 

GigaByteMotherboardsSleepProblem.png

NB My motherboard is a Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0), so I suspect this issue affects many of their X570 & B550 motherboards

0 Kudos
YetAnotherPhil
Adept I

This is the correct answer. 

Going into the BIOS & selecting 'Load optimised defaults' (approx name) & saving fixed the problem

Possible candidates...

• Enabled RAM XMP profile (replace with AMD's name for this option)
  • Load Line Calibration was set to Low
  • Curve Optimiser enabled, per core, all different -ve values
  • PBO set to 200

IDK yet of which one of the above is the culprit, but it's a short list & will post back when I do

0 Kudos
YetAnotherPhil
Adept I

It's the XMP profile that when enabled breaks resume from sleep.

This is the memory:

Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 64GB (2 x 32GB) 3200MHz Kit w/Gunmetal Grey heatshieldPVS464G320C6K

0 Kudos
YetAnotherPhil
Adept I

see below...

0 Kudos
YetAnotherPhil
Adept I

Additional info...

Having lived with this problem for a while now, I think the memory controller has a bug which only manifests when all 4 slots are in use. 4 * 32GB in my case.

My workaround...

I'd rather sacrifice sleep than performance, so I use hibernate instead of sleep & thus have the XMP profile enabled. 

0 Kudos