cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

12elotro
Journeyman III

Problem with USB and Motherboard B550M AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.x) "Driver Power State Failure"

I have an AMD 5 5600G, B550M AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.x) board, Corsair Ram Size: 16 GBS Memory Part No.: BL2K8G32C16U4B Power Supply: Seasonic B12 BC Series 650W 80 Plus Bronze, BIOS V.14.

Windows 10 Pro v21H2 Driver Amd Chipset 3.10.08.506, Amd Software 21.10.2,

I have two 2 front usbs 3.0 connected to the FU_32 connector on the board. When I copy files from the front usb to the ssd, most of the time an error pops up and stops copying, and that device disappears, even the bluetoth usb connector of the mouse that was connected to the other front usb stops working, it is not solved by disconnecting and reconnecting the usb devices, nor disconnecting and connecting the cable that goes to the FU_32 connector, the only way is to restart the computer. The devices that are connected to the rear usbs still work, but if I connect a new device to one of the free rear usbs it doesn't work, even if I disconnect one of those devices that were working and reconnect it to the usb where it was, it stops doing it , it no longer recognizes it, except for a usb cable that the only thing it does is charge the keyboard, that function continues to work, give power.

The error I get when I'm copying files is: "The file could not be copied due to an unexpected error. If you continue to get this error, you can use the error code to find help for this problem. Error 0x800701B1: A device was specified nonexistent.

After the error occurs, and when trying to shut down the computer to recover USB functionality, it spends several minutes with the blue screen, circle spinning and the message "Shutting down". Sometimes when it is turning off it shows a blue screen with the message "Driver Power State Failure"

I have tried in the BIOS to change PCIe to Auto, Gen4, Gen3 and to activate deactivate C states, I still have the same problem. I have also tested with Bios v.14e.

I have done two tests with linux since I have it installed on the same pc, in the first everything is correct, no problem, in the second it gave an error when copying files from the front usb to the ssd, the usb memory was disconnected, but the bluetooth usb of the mouse that was connected to the other front usb unlike windows I still work.

AMD 5 5600G, B550M AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.x) , Corsair Ram Size: 16 GBS Power Supply: Seasonic B12 BC Series 650W 80 Plus Bronze, BIOS V.14. Windows 10 / Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3
0 Likes
7 Replies
itsmatty
Journeyman III

I have a B550M AORUS PRO Rev. 1.0 and I'm having the same exact issue running bios F14e.. 

seems to all go crazy when i'm using my razer usb headset and my Xbox controller when playing a game. 

all my usb devices drop out. I hope AMD figures this out for us. 

0 Likes

Have you tried turning off 'usb selective suspend' and/or the individual 'power management' setting.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Update: Hi, I just noticed something else, the error occurs when the file transfer speed reaches high speeds, 250 mega seconds and the like, because it only occurs when copying large files, which is when it reaches those speeds, If I copy a lot of files with the small ones, it doesn't do it because it doesn't reach those speeds....

I have tried with another brand and model of usb and with this one it does not do it, but it is the speed issue since with this usb, despite saying that it is 3.2.... it only reaches 90 megaseconds, so it does not produce the error

I have tried (tried turning off 'usb selective suspend' and/or the individual 'power management' setting) that and nothing. I talked to ADM support and they told me that the USB disconnection problem had been solved with the relevant update and that my problem was not the same, that it was surely a physical problem with the motherboard or the USBs in the box. .

I have spoken with Gigabyte support and they don't give me a solution either.

Tomorrow I get another connector to connect the usb to the board, if it gives the same problem in my opinion the problem would be on the board or AMD if it doesn't give the same problem it would be the usb of the box. I will comment the result

AMD 5 5600G, B550M AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.x) , Corsair Ram Size: 16 GBS Power Supply: Seasonic B12 BC Series 650W 80 Plus Bronze, BIOS V.14. Windows 10 / Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3
0 Likes

There is such a thing as usb bandwidth limitation/overpopulation and there are Apps. that can diagnose/offer suggestions to resolve.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I have disconnected the usbs from the front box and I have tried with another device that is linked to the FU_32 connector on the board (attached link) and it gives the same error, so the problem is with the board or the processor, I await your response. I am quite angry because the problem is not with s.o. windows because as I already mentioned in linux a practically identical error also happens to me when performing the same operation.

foto.jpg

0 Likes

I have already found "the solution", I have bought a pcie x1 card (attached link) and connected to it the front usb of the box and it copies without problems, transferring at high speed. In my humble opinion, the problem is due to the fact that when connecting the usbs of the box to the internal connection of the board, when the usb reaches high speeds, it is not capable of transferring enough energy and causes that problem. I don't know if it's a problem with my motherboard or if it's a problem with this motherboard in general.

https://www.amazon.es/SupaHub-Tarje...ix=supahub+tarjeta+pci-e,computers,139&sr=1-4 

0 Likes

It should be a defect in the motherboard.

I have my Gigabyte B550M AORUS PRO V1.0, I got the USB issue even worse.

when I'm using an RX6700XT playing game, whatever the front or the back ones, the USB connection may get failure if you connected too many USB devices.

My mouse, RGB keyboard, Bluetooth connector, and even my headset got disconnected, somehow it will appear to be connected again and disconnect again over and over, I think the problem is the motherboard can not supply enough energy to the USB ports when PCIE consumes much power.

0 Likes