cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

a94z24
Journeyman III

Possible 3800X Issues

Hi! I have a kind of odd issue and I'm not sure whether the issue comes from the Windows 10 OS or the processor, but I think I've narrowed it down to one of the two. I built the computer about 6 months ago and I've done just about everything I can think of.

The components I used are:

MSI MPG X570 Edge Gaming Wifi Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X processor

Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8G Graphics Card

Corsair RM650 Power supply

Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB and 250GB

Samsung 860 EXO SSD 1TB

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB x4

The issue is that my 3800X processor seems to have one core that gets stuck trying to wake something. The both the Windows task manager and the Ryzen Master monitoring section show that one core is getting an oscillating usage at about 50% usage. This usage gets kicked between logical cores 0,8,9,10, and 11. I've attached a picture showing what it does. When the computer starts doing this, the graphics frame rate drops like crazy to where everything is moving about a quarter of normal speed. The audio also matches this. I'm fairly certain that it isn't the graphics card because its usage doesn't spike and the audio and video times displayed also slow down. If I attempt to shut down or restart the computer when it is doing this, I get a driver power state failure Blue Screen. My case has a reset button that manually restarts the computer and the computer runs fairly normal when I force it to restart like that. If will usually work normally after this kind of restart for roughly 5 hours before it has the same issue. It will shut down correctly if the computer doesn't have a this single core getting hung up, but then when I go to power it back on, it goes back to having the issue above. Has anyone else had this issue? I can't seem to find any information about a similar issues.

So far I've done three clean installs of windows, and reinstalled all of the programs back after each install, added 16Gb of ram (totaling 32Gb) of 3200 mHz memory, and Tried manually uninstalling and reinstalling all of the driver I can using the Windows device manager.

0 Likes
0 Replies