cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

iampurge
Journeyman III

PC Wont power on with processor connected

I just used my pc the night before and turned it off overnight. When I woke up in the morning it won't power on. I already checked the power supply and it works on a different computer. When I removed the processor i can get power on all the peripherals and when I place the processor back, i don't get any lower at all on anything. Anyone has any idea whwt's going on? Im using a b350m mortar motherboard and a ryzen 5 2400g cpu. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare processor to check. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

If you purchased an official AMD Processor in a Retail box you have 3 year Warranty from AMD Warranty. If the processor is 3 years or less and your Retailer's Warranty has expired then I suggest you open an AMD Warranty Request from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

AMD will require your authentic Retail receipt and possibly photos of your processor. AMD will let you know what documents they will need to RMA your processor if they believe your processor might be defective.

I would also open a MSI Support Ticket to see if they believe you Motherboard is defective and needs to be RMAed to be checked.

0 Likes