Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

PC Turns off while gaming

Whenever I play games that are more high end my PC turns off at a certain point in the game,my fps is normal and there's nothing out of the ordinary but when I get to a certain point of the game it just crashes my entire PC,It happend on Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order when the cinematic for arriving at the planet Zeffo plays and on Black Mesa when you're at the last level on the Plant and most recently it crashed when I was playing the new Mafia Definitive Edition and I was escaping after trashing the cars of the rival mafia.I really would like to get this problem solved and I don't think temperatures are the problem since it can happen when you just enter a game and after 2min of gameplay it can crash when you reach that certain point again,I will attach my Specs from CPU-ID. Please help me..

26 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: PC Turns off while gaming

Set your Power Limit Slider to +50 or as high as it goes. If this alone does not help then set a custom fan curve that turn the fans onto full 100% at about 65c. These two things usually help the Polaris cards a lot. 

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Thank you for responding. Sadly it didn't work I set the power limit slide to +50(which is as high as it goes) and set the custom fan curve as well after playing Mafia Definitive Edition and doing the race mission I played it and had to restart from checkpoint a couple of times and it just crashed my PC at the race,which it didn't do on the first few times I tried beating it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Sorry for the second reply but I also noticed it doesn't happen on lower end games like LoL or Valorant only on newer high end games like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order,Black Mesa,Mafia Definitive Edition and it can be fixed by lowering the graphics settings to a way lower setting but I don't understand why it crashes my PC when I play on high or ultra settings which my PC can do because I get pretty good fps which only sometimes dips but I don't mind that

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Your power supply or motherboard is faulty. The problem you are experiencing has nothing to do with the GPU.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Yea I think it's got something to do with the PSU but it's rather annoying since I got this PC pre built and now there's a problem.. Guess I'm gonna have to start building my own from now on

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Your system may be damaged further. Do not use it. And try another PSU and check the 3.3-5-12V values again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Did you try the custom fan curve. Throttling can make the driver hang too.

If you want to test the Power Supply run the program OCCT from OCBASE dot COM. 

It can help diagnose PS and GPU issues. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Looking at your CPUID Image it shows your PSU is defective:

The minimum PSU voltages output for:

12 VDC is 11.4 VDC, CPUID is showing Max 9.728 Vdc

5 VDC is 4.75 VDC, CPUID is showing Max 4.032 Vdc

3.3 VDC is 3.135 VDC, CPUID is showing Max .064 VDC

Basically you lost 3.3 VDC output on your PSU. Don't know how accurate these readings are, but your computer shouldn't even be able to boot up if accurate.

Download and run OCCT PSU Test and check the PSU Output voltages before running the PSU Test and see if it is similar to CPUID reading or not.

EDIT: Or something is shorting out the PSU if the PSU is not defective.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Those are rather troubling news.. I've been using it for like a year now I'm afraid that it's too late for me to replace the PSU but I'll try,it shut down on me when playing games like 8 times hopefully it didn't get ruined. I'll try the PSU test and send the results soon

0 Kudos