cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Aashish
Journeyman III

Pc shutting down randomly while playing games

System specs: Amd ryzen 5 5600x, msi b550 a pro motherboard,8*2 3200mz ram, 3060 gpu, 750w psu,stock amd cooler

MADE A NEW GAMING PC AND THIS IS MY PROBLEM FROM DAY 2 PLEASE HELP!!

My pc shutting down randomly when i am playing games and when i try to turn my pc back on it won't start. all things turn back up like ram rgb, cabinet fans, gpu fans, but my cpu cooler won't start. i have to wait for 5 to 6 min to boot my pc after randomly shutting down. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
sombrero
Adept I

I struggled with computer instability during games for some years.  I finally solved it by installing Server 2016 (not win 10).  It is a much better os for gamers.

0 Likes
rodlawliet
Adept II

Hello ... is the processor heatsink connected? Verify that it is properly connected, does it have thermal paste? That problem sounds like a failure due to a malfunction of the heatsink or fan of your processor. Also verify that you have updated the drivers of your video card.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like a temperature problem with the CPU / cooler if the restart is not possible for a long time, because it should always be in operation, so check the power connection and contact or thermal paste. The inside of the case (motherboard, graphics card) could also be too warm, hot, I still have two case fans. When I rebuilt my PC with Threadripper 1900X and GiBy X399 AORUS PRO X399 in November 20, the CPU did not start at all. I use GiBy AORUS LIQUID COOLER 240 with a USB port on the motherboard for cooling. After several unsuccessful measures by Gigabyte Support, I loosened the fastening screws of the heat sink and my PC booted for the first time. If I were you, I would use a better CPU cooler, preferably a water cooler. Although it is relatively expensive, it dissipates the heat from the housing. In the game I have a CPU temperature of approx. 64 degrees Celsius with normal fan setting, with better fan performance up to 60 degrees, which is very good for my CPU.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

With my system, except for the Threadripper 1900X 8 core, I have 16Gb RAM, X399 Pro motherboard, RX5700XT 8Gb, LIQUID COOLER 240, 750 watt gold power supply and everything from Gigabyte Aorus. That is completely sufficient! There does not have to be too much power reserves in the power supply unit!
It is clear that those who save here can run into problems very quickly.
My crash series with restart, especially when playing like Valhalla, was due to the Radeon drivers and adrenaline. Since possible I only use the driver installation and the MSI Afterburner without any problems.

0 Likes
ryzen_type_r
Challenger

Agreed with @Ruggieri54 , this problem in particular sounds like a suspect PSU, especially the part about not being able to power on the system for several minutes after it shuts down.  This is the behavior typical of one of the PSU's protections tripping and causing the shutdown, and taking a few minutes to reset.

I see you have a 3070 - this is a 320W TDP card that can spike higher in transients, so make absolutely sure you're running two separate PCIe power cables from your PSU to the video card.

What power supply are you running?  Additionally, according to Jonnyguru, the Nvidia 3000 series cards throw a lot of noise back onto the power rails and some PSUs don't like this and shut down when they encounter it.

Reference thread (pay attention to Jonnyguru's comments):

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1370501-pc-restarts-after-gpu-swap/

0 Likes