cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

doomstar
Adept I

Re: PC random reboot and sound issues after 5900x upgrade

For me, the most reproducible means of triggering errors due to PBO/CO (me using settings that were too aggressive) were triggered by light workloads as described here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Stress_testing#Low_load_example

The patching of OpenWRT test is what I used.

You can put Arch on a separate partition or HDD/SDD if you want.  Once you get it installed, see:  https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Stress_testing#Discovering_Errors

Windows may have a means of showing this but I do not use it.

owenj7920
Journeyman III

False alarm. Ended up restarting, just took a little longer. The new ram kit (3000mhz off the MOBO's qvl) didn't help - restarted almost immediately. Tried the above (forced to 2133 and slightly higher voltage) and made it a little longer, but not much. The best results thus far have been the above (original 3600mhz ram manually set to 2133. Basically when I am using ERP for SME accounting software basically this is happening most. In theory, I'm not fixing either - I've got everything set to auto/default at the moment. I can try manually overriding either or both if you thought it would be helpful, but I haven't gone down that road yet (except for briefly with the ram).

rudions
Adept I

Don't want to celebrate early as PC has its stable moments.

But came across one post about VDDP / VDDG CCD /VDDG IOD voltage settings.

Increased VDDG IOD voltage from 0.95v to 1.05v . And for 1st time I did play Modern Warfare , Black Desert Online and managed to render video for work . And no audio hiccups or restarts so far. Will test for a week before celebrating success .

If issue will appear again then will do Linux road of troubleshooting .

If anyone in future reading this post to find solution Did add snap with part of the info ( cant take credit for ) 

Also much appreciated everyone who invested time to help out.

22.PNG