Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lukas9936
Journeyman III

PC does not start

Hello,

i am kinda new to building a PC myself. I‘ve had a custom-built PC (AMD fx-8350, Gigabyte Mainboard, ASUS ROG GTX 1060 OC, etc.). It had been having some problems recently (crashes, not recognizing HDDs/SSDs), so I decided to upgrade my CPU/motherboard/RAM.

i bought a Ryzen 3700X, a Gigabyte B450 Gaming X motherboard and 16GB memory (2x 8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair Vengeance). So I built that all in my case and everything seemed good - at least until I tried starting the PC. Nothing happened...

I suspected my motherboard was broken and got a replacement, but that changed nothing.

Then I suspected a compatibility problem and got the ASRock Steel Legend B450 motherboard.

So I put that in my case, but still nothing, it just won’t start (no signal to monitor or even the fans turning on), but there is power on the USB ports.

im really running out of ideas, my current guess is a somehow faulty PSU, so I ordered a new one today (old one Thermaltake Berlin 630W). The memory doesn’t seem to be the problem (I tried running it with both sticks, just one [tried both] or none) and the CPU seems fine too (nothing bent or sth like that).

i tried clearing the CMOS on all three boards, but that didn’t help. And yes, the front panel PW Switch was correctly on the right pins, tried using a screwdriver to short-circuit it too. The BIOS should be ready for the Ryzen 3700X, at least the box has the ready for Ryzen 3000 Label on it.

anybody have any ideas what could be broken?

thanks in advance!

0 Likes
2 Replies
qbtheslayer
Challenger

I suspect that your MB's have not had the necessary BIOS flashed to support the 3700X.  You will need to use an older CPU to Flash the BIOS.   Most computer shops can easily do this for you so that you don't have to buy another CPU just to get the correct latest BIOS.  For example, Canada Computers does it free of charge with a new purchase before you take the board home, but if you needed it done at a later date there may be a small charge involved. 

QB

That was my first thought too, but they all had the „Ready for Ryzen 3000“ label on them, so they should have the required BIOS version. 

thanks though

0 Likes