Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

PC build start up problem. Please help!

I have the cpu: (AMD FD8320FRHKBOX FX-8320 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor) and i was wondering if there is a compatibility promblem between that and my motherboard: (MSI Computer ATX DDR3 1066 Motherboards 990FXA GAMING ) . Because the PC i built is not starting up it is only showing the BIOS system and after that there is a blank black windows screen with a light blue logo that sometimes displayes " preparing automatic repair". Please help i have had this problem about half a year after first installing the pc.

I sent it to 2 different professional PC repair stores and i believe they switched out all the parts they could to test what problems it could be. First they told me it was the mother board , so i RMAed it back to msi.  But the problem persisted. So could it be the CPU and the motherboard compatibility or something i did with the CPU( shocking it or it breaking) ?   Please help me.

Best regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: PC build start up problem. Please help!

This sounds like a hard drive or windows issue, and not a problem with the CPU or motherboard.

If you are able to get into the BIOs your computer is basically working.

Try installing windows on a different drive and then see if it works.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Agree, if you can get into bios, then your computer is ok.

You can try using Windows setup to format your hard drive, basically just do a clean install of Windows.

Hard drive nowadays is pretty unlikely to fail under normal use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I had already sent it to a company that attempted to reinstall Windows

through a brand new hard drive but they were unable to do so.

0 Kudos