cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kubackiXD
Adept I

PC blue screens when playing games. Ryzen 7 5800x

Hi about 2 weeks ago i upgraded my pc from r5 2600x to r7 5800x also i changed my psu from 500w to 850w and gpu from gigabyte 1660ti to Zotac 3080ti amp holo motherboard stayed the same msi b450 gaming plus max with newest bios.Btw fresh install of windows 10 w/ newest updates

Since i made these upgrades i am having whea 124 bsods.  all overclokings are turned off 

Full specs

CPU: R7 5800X

GPU: ZOTAC 3080 TI AMP HOLO

MBO; MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX (newest bios agesa 1.2.0.7)

RAM: 2X8 G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 3200MHZ CL16

PSU: CHIEFTEC 850W (80+ gold)

link to dump files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mrvu0-luOFg_mkQh_lfXlTjxsjKnZq4x?usp=sharing

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you are not getting WHEA BSOD after settings RAM to AUTO "goes back to 2133mhz" your issue seems similar to mine. I tried almost everything on the internet, but only testing older BIOS fixed my issue. You can try advanced stability settings in BIOS but it is not recommended. As far as I know, this error happens in some BIOS that modifies something related to the infinity fabric controller, making the RAM unstable above 2133mhz. People have managed to stabilize this by manually rising  VDDG IOD voltage along pumping DRAM voltage to 1.36 - 1.39 and giving positive magnitude value in Curve Optimizer to the cores that are unstable at working with the ram "these cores are under the error Processor APIC ID: 15 for example meaning core 8" Personally I wouldn't go for all of this, we pay for a CPU and computer hardware that shouldn't be fixed by all of this mess and should work out of the box. But that's not what AM4 Ryzen gen is for, and if you ask me Motherboard brands have done massive damage by launching BIOS after BIOS without testing all system configurations outhere. So yes, your last resort is to try older BIOS and check if you get rid of these WHEA errors like I did.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
G1n
Adept III

Can you post a SS of event viewer with the WHEA error  you mention please. Does it happen random? or at heavy load like playing games running edition software? or at idle?
Do you have all auto? but rams as well? or are they running the XMP profile?

0 Likes

kubackiXD_0-1671061532017.png

kubackiXD_1-1671061561476.png

It happens in games such as hunt showdown and warzone 2.0 so yes i would consider it heavy load

XMP turned off and things such as pbo c-state and cbp are also turned off

0 Likes

Thanks for posting the SS. As I can see, you are having WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ID 18 bus interconnect related. This is not C-State related. Please, did you try loading optimized defaults and check if error goes away? We need to check  your temps, you haven't said what your temps are while gaming. I myself had the same WHEA error that you have, and my only fix was disabling XMP and running RAMS at 2133mhz instead of 3600mhz which is what they are rated for. I fixed my WHEA ERRORS by downgrading my BIOS to a more old version. Newer BIOS mess the infinity fabrick stability for some motherboards and will make your RAMS useless when running out of AUTO. Have you updated bios lately?

0 Likes

As for temps they dont exceed 80C on both gpu and cpu.  And yes i had to update bios beacuse my old one would not even work with 5000 series cpu (i bought my mobo in early 2020). I dont know if this is important but i also changed the legacy+uefi boot to just uefi when reinstalling windows. Also all my drivers are up to date

0 Likes

you could try BIOS 7B86vHB 7B86vHF and 7B86vHE being the first one the most recommended.
These support ryzen 7 5800x and are running an older AGESA version similar to mine, which solved the WHEA ERROR ID 18, if you don't want to try this you can also try to RMA CPU or ask MSI for support.
No, the UEFI settings is not related to this kind of error.

0 Likes

I  chose auto dram frequency and its capped on 2133mhz and so far no blue screens. So long time solution is downgrading bios?

If you are not getting WHEA BSOD after settings RAM to AUTO "goes back to 2133mhz" your issue seems similar to mine. I tried almost everything on the internet, but only testing older BIOS fixed my issue. You can try advanced stability settings in BIOS but it is not recommended. As far as I know, this error happens in some BIOS that modifies something related to the infinity fabric controller, making the RAM unstable above 2133mhz. People have managed to stabilize this by manually rising  VDDG IOD voltage along pumping DRAM voltage to 1.36 - 1.39 and giving positive magnitude value in Curve Optimizer to the cores that are unstable at working with the ram "these cores are under the error Processor APIC ID: 15 for example meaning core 8" Personally I wouldn't go for all of this, we pay for a CPU and computer hardware that shouldn't be fixed by all of this mess and should work out of the box. But that's not what AM4 Ryzen gen is for, and if you ask me Motherboard brands have done massive damage by launching BIOS after BIOS without testing all system configurations outhere. So yes, your last resort is to try older BIOS and check if you get rid of these WHEA errors like I did.

Thanks for everything if something new happens i will post it here

aneel
Journeyman III

exact Ram coode is not listed on my motherboards list, but a similar ram is listed, ALSO if you check this HyperX link my raam model is listed on 3000Mhz

0 Likes
aneel
Journeyman III

nice post like it 

0 Likes