cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

GhostrydeID
Adept I

PBO & Win 11 CPU performance degradation

I finally got hands on a current gen GPU at non extortion pricing and ran 3dMark Timespy to check the GPU performance, then compared it to the results I saved from this system with my old GTX 1080Ti from April. GPU performance was doubled from the the April run, but I noted my CPU performance dropped from 13,883 to 8,203. I killed all the background processes and ran it again, only bumping to 8,479. The only thing that has changed (other than the GPU) between the April and now runs is that I "upgraded" to Win 11 a couple of weeks ago.

I started  wondering if PBO and Win 11 aren't playing nice due to the original AMD performance issues with Win 11, so I turned PBO off and went back to standard CPU operation and ran it again, and the CPU score jumped back up in the 13.8k range. Clearly the performance issues with Win 11 on AMD rigs is not all the way squashed, despite the Windows and AMD chipset driver updates they released to fix that issue.

So, if you're running PBO and Win 11, you may want to turn PBO off until they get the kinks ironed out with another windows/AMD chipset driver update.

Ryzen 5900X

X570 running F-34 BIOS & AMD Chipset driver 3.10.08.506

64GB PC-3600 DDR4

Win 11 10.0.222000 Build 22000

0 Likes
0 Replies