I bought a Ryzen 5900x for transcoding and encoding (with Handbrake mainly). For encoding I'd want to use the CPU ; using NVENC is not a really good option to me for high quality matter.
So, I'm used to solicit my CPU quite a lot and almost H24.
I've put those settings in the BIOS of my motherboard (Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact) : is it safe for the CPU and the mobo in a H24 usage ?
- Precision Boost Overdrive : Advanced
- PBO Limits : Motherboard
- Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar : Auto
- Max CPU Boost Clock Override : 0MHz
- Platform Thermal Throttle Limit : Manual 70°C
- Curve Optimizer : All Cores
- All Core Curve Optimizer Sign : Negative
- All Core Curve Optimizer Magnitude : 30