Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Overheating with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

Hello,

I have a brand new processor but it heats a lot. I'm using an ASUS Prime B350M-A  with default settings and latest BIOS version. The CPU reaches 100 degrees or more when max load amd 55-60 degrees when idle. I've verified the fans and cooler (be quiet pure rock 150 TDP) setup and replaced the thermal paste 3 times. The cooler still cold and the temperature high. The temperature in the room is correct (23 degrees).

After removing the cooler (5 minutes after the shutdown), when I touched the CPU, it is tepid.

Here is the EFI monitoring on startup. I tried to underclock freq to 3.2GHz to test, all the rest is default -> the temperature still 54 degrees.

Capture.PNG

Can you help me ? Is it defect ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Overheating with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

download this and verify temps this acurrate. i recommend just using this for temps reading. using software to over clock isnt a good idea..ok.!

AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD

if you let ryzen on auto settings it will run higher voltages to keep from crashing. best choice is to get AI tweaker settings and  digi+vrm settings stable and cpu clock for your personal use application. post back with ryzen master temp readings even if and still on auto settings. 100c your probably really hiting 80c  ryzen shuts down at 92c if i remember correctly. definatley not hitting 100c

make sure you have the latest bios and if you flash make sure the uefi bios is set to all defaults before flashing ok.!

make sure fans are run as should be they may not be if temps are off 20c maybe set them in bios or acceptable software would work, yea turn up the fans. post back

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi, thank you very much.

If I check the temperature from CPUID HWMonitor, the package don't show the same temperature (~+20).

I was using HWMonitor to check the heat under Windows.

Capture2.PNG

Hope HWMonitor is wrong ! ^^

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

Glad to help you out. and yes ryzen master i correct. the new agesa 1006a bios will fix this if you dont have it keep an eye out for it.

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

hwinfo64 is more accurate than hwmonitor just sayin..

0 Kudos