cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zazo
Newcomer

overheating AMD A8-6600k

Hello. I have an AMD A8-6600k processor. I've got the computer for over 5 years. There were processor problems from purchase. The computer tshut downymi itself off, then I did not know what was happening. Now that I was interested in computers, I checked the CPU temperature. Moments after turning on showed over 100 degrees. After a long moment, he shows up to 200 degrees and I have a question. Is it possible to switch off or remove this temperature sensor. I managed to "cheat" him with an external windmill. I was looking for an answer on the internet and no one had such a problem, most probably it's a factory defect but it's too late to replace it and for the moment I do not have money for a new processor. For about a month now nothing helps, after 15 minutes of the game the computer turns off.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Turn off CPU thermal monitoring in BIOS.

0 Likes

I dont have this option

0 Likes

Need to give more information on your computer setup : INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Sounds like your CPU Cooler/Heatsink is not properly installed or it is dirty or the fan is not working correctly. Make sure when it is installed the CPU Cooler doesn't wiggle and it firm and tight to the CPU surface.

What motherboard Make & Model do you have and CPU Cooler installed.?

Could be BIOS is misconfigured making your APU run hotter than normal.

0 Likes