Overclocking Ryzen 9 3900X

Hello,

My system specs are:

AsRock X570 Taichi

Ryzen 9 3900X

64 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Radeon RX 5500XT

AIO 3600mm Cooler Master with 6 fan push pull configuration

I have been overclocking this processor but I am not sure what are the safe limits as far as voltage and temperature go as I cannot find a definitive answer anywhere. My highest clock was at 4.4 GHz at 1.4375 V with max load temperatures never exceeding 76 C. This resulted in a Cinebench score in the 7400s. I am not sure if such a high voltage is safe as AMD recommends not going above 1.35 V. I also have seen that the voltage doesn't matter as long as the temperatures are good and the system is stable.

This is on a workstation machine so it will be under heavy load for many days at a time and I do not want to fry the CPU in only a few years. I dialed back the overclock to Auto settings but put a SOC offset of -0.2 V and a CPU core offset of -0.1 V and I am letting the precision boost drive do the clocking for me. I also set the PBO be from the motherboard. Unfortunately, it limits all my core clocks to 4.05 GHz under heavy load and I am now getting a Cinebench score in the 6700s.

Does anyone have any pointers, suggestions, or insight on this? I am trying to get great performance under heavy load and also have this CPU last.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Temperature is the paramount factor, though it really should be under 1.4v...Check out Clocktuner For Ryzen and see what it comes up with.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/clocktuner-for-ryzen-download.html

0 Likes