cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gametrench
Journeyman III

Overclocked my Ryzen 5 2400g in Ryzen master to 4ghz and didnt change the voltage, dosent boot anymore?

Overclocked my Ryzen 5 2400g to 4ghz and didnt change the voltage, dosent boot anymore?

I used Ryzen master

0 Likes
1 Solution

At least that indicates that you have power to the computer.

Just for the heck of it, connect a different monitor and see if you see any video. Could your monitor be bad or turned off?

If all the fans were working and there were no Debug LEDs lit, at least, that indicates no hardware problems, at least initially.

Turn on the computer and let it go on by itself and see what happens. Does it sound like it is booting into Windows even though you have no video?

While doing this test be sure to keep an eye on the CPU fan to make sure it is working all the time unless the computer shuts off.

Here are some pictures from your Motherboard's Manual about resetting the BIOS:

Looks like you don't need to remove the CMOS Battery to reset the BIOS to default. Just short the JBAT1 using the shorting clip from the motherboard.

If your CPU was bad, the Motherboard's Debug LED should be lit showing CPU Failure.

Do you have a separate GPU card installed or are you using solely the Ryzen integrated Graphics for your computer? If you are using Ryzen APU Graphics through the motherboard's video ports, no wonder you are not getting any video if the APU is not working correctly. See if you can install a separate GPU card and connect your Monitor to it. You might finally get video and be able to enter BIOS on your motherboard.

I have attached the MSI Manual to this post for you to look at or download. It is not a very good Manual. Doesn't explain at all about any BIOS settings like other manuals.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

can you boot into BIOS and reset your CPU back to "Default". Then try to go into Windows Safe mode to uninstall Ryzen Master so it won't OC your cpu again when Windows starts. Then install Ryzen Master again which will be under "Defaults" when installed. Then you can probably start over in OCing your APU.

Im not sure, but how would i boot into the BIOS when it dosent show anything up on the screen?

And after this im never Overclocking ever again

0 Likes

What seahawkshunt​ suggested is doing the same thing as I suggested except my method is done via inside BIOS. With seahawkshunt​ method you don't need to enter BIOS to make it default. So your BIOS must be in Default since you removed the CMOS battery. Some motherboard's you need to short out the two pins where the CMOS Battery resides and others I believe you press a button on the motherboard to short out the pins. Removing the CMOS Battery will not set your BIOS in default until you short out the pins or press the button on the motherboard as seahawkshunt​ mentioned previously. Follow your Motherboard Manual on how to reset the BIOS. It is possible your BIOS is still not in default. I imagine if it was you should be able to see the BIOS bootup and your Ryzen should be back to default settings.

If you get no video while booting up, that is not good. When you turn on the computer, do you hear any beeps? if you do how many and what sequence?

Hopefully you didn't damage your Ryzen by incorrectly Overclocking it.

What is the Make & Model of your Motherboard and GPU card? I will see if I can post the section from the manual on how to reset the BIOS through the motherboard.

I have tried both removing the battery and shorting out the two pins on the motherboard and the speaker does not make any beeps (I know it works because before i got incompatible RAM and it beeped every time on boot)

But its more than likely broken, also can it damage the motherboard because i tried another CPU in it and it still did not boot.

0 Likes

Open the side panel to your Computer case. Hit the "Power on" switch. What do you see physically that is working? CPU Fan, GPU fan, Case Fans, any LED lights, any noises, etc?

Does your computer case Hard drive or Power LED light up when you hit the power switch?

What is the Make & Model of your motherboard?

Do you have power at the outlet? If your motherboard has any troubleshooting LED's are they lit?. Does it look like your PSU is working? PSU Fan running?

What CPU did you install that didn't work either?

Do this, Remove all the RAM Memory Modules except one Memory Module and put it in the number one slot. See if it boots up.

SInce you were moving the Computer case around when removing the CMOS Battery, check to be sure the Monitor cable is connected securely to the GPU card and check to be sure the GPU card is installed securely. Sometimes hardware components wiggle loose when the computer case is moved around too much. Also check that all power connecting cables to the motherboard are securely connected.

0 Likes

All the fans are working and no Debug lights are on and there are no noises.

Motherboard: MSI B350M Pro-Vdh

But about 10 seconds after I press the power button the cpu fan stops then

starts again.

Not sure thats any help

0 Likes

At least that indicates that you have power to the computer.

Just for the heck of it, connect a different monitor and see if you see any video. Could your monitor be bad or turned off?

If all the fans were working and there were no Debug LEDs lit, at least, that indicates no hardware problems, at least initially.

Turn on the computer and let it go on by itself and see what happens. Does it sound like it is booting into Windows even though you have no video?

While doing this test be sure to keep an eye on the CPU fan to make sure it is working all the time unless the computer shuts off.

Here are some pictures from your Motherboard's Manual about resetting the BIOS:

Looks like you don't need to remove the CMOS Battery to reset the BIOS to default. Just short the JBAT1 using the shorting clip from the motherboard.

If your CPU was bad, the Motherboard's Debug LED should be lit showing CPU Failure.

Do you have a separate GPU card installed or are you using solely the Ryzen integrated Graphics for your computer? If you are using Ryzen APU Graphics through the motherboard's video ports, no wonder you are not getting any video if the APU is not working correctly. See if you can install a separate GPU card and connect your Monitor to it. You might finally get video and be able to enter BIOS on your motherboard.

I have attached the MSI Manual to this post for you to look at or download. It is not a very good Manual. Doesn't explain at all about any BIOS settings like other manuals.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have an old video card and I am buying a dvi cable for it tonight so I can try it out.

0 Likes

Thank You!

I plugged in an old gpu with the DVI cable and it worked! thank you so much for the suggestion.

0 Likes

LoL, practice make perfect. In your case, next time practice Overclocking on an old CPU or GPU card, that way if you brick it, you can toss it away.

Overclocking is easier now a days with today's modern Motherboard's BIOS and CPU/APU and GPU cards. But you still need to research and know what you are doing. Unfortunately, Since you Overclocked your Ryzen and caused it to fail, it is a good bet your Warranty is voided. Hopefully your Ryzen is not damaged. Let me see what I can find about restoring a CPU Overclocking back to default when it won't boot up.

If you have available a computer, go to Overclocker.com. They are experts in these type of situations since that is all the Users do is Overclocking. They might offer some suggestions on how to get your Ryzen to boot up again.

Here is the Overclockers.com Forum: Overclockers Forums

seahawkshunt
Adept II

What elstaci stated, but you might want to clear the CMOS first. Either remove CMOS battery for a minute or two or use clear CMOS button or contact pins.

I have already cleared the CMOS about 5 times with longer periods time the battery was out every time

0 Likes