Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

overclock deletes after boot

so i overclock my 1700 through bios.  it will run at the speed i suggested then the next day i get back on and it is at 1559 everytime.  I then have to go back into bios, first hit default settings,  save and boot back up.  Then restart and go BACK into bios and reset to 3.8.  Restart and its fine.

Next day, redo again...it will be sitting at 1559 again.

SO why does it keep resetting to that dismal 1.59mhz speed?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: overclock deletes after boot

motherboard is a MSI b350 pcmate if that matters.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Check for a BIOS update, short the pins and clear your CMOS, save your profile, down grade your BIOS to previous. Check those options out testing after each one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ive tried the latest bios and the previous bios....still changes the clock speed....even after waking from sleep.  So it will go from 3.8 to 1.559 everytime.

How do I "short the pins" and clear my Cmos?

Weird that it chooses 1.5999 mhz.  Only way to fix is to then go into bios...hit default.  Then boot back up. Then restart and go back to bios and overclock to 3.8 again.  Its just silly.

But how do I clear cmos on the b350 pc mate?  This is frustrating me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

You never mentioned your motherboard manufacturer or model but your manual will tell you how to clear bios. If that does not get you results, you may need to contact the manufacturer for RMA.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since you're overclocking via the BIOS,  I would suggest you contact MSI on this issue.

If you use the Ryzen Master Utility, you have to load the profile on reboot.

RayM
0 Kudos