Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Occt - IBT AVX and some questions - R5 1600 stock

Is it normal that:

1) Cpu usage drops in OCCT after some 13mn and than rise up after 1-2mn (I think every time on 13mn that it happens)?

900x900px-LL-3f4f9045_889.png

2) cpu usage drops in IBT AVX 2.54 (I monitored in OCCT, test was in IBT AVX) after some 10mn (first time it dropped from 100% to 60%, after 1s it is back to 100%), than I stopped and restarted test. After 10mn again it dropped but this time form 100% to 90%. Is this normal for IBT AVX test?

example.PNG

Capture.PNG

I run stress test in AIDA64 (CPU, FPU, cache and system memory test) more than 45mn and cpu usage was always on 100% (memory was always above 95%)....

3)  I see that Asus listed on their web motherboard TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING. So x370 version is close? B350 has 4+2 VRM? What so special of that TUF models compared to Strix? More durable? What will be the price?

4) Looking for change my Asrock x370 K4 for maybe Asus x370 Strix because much better memory compatibility. In strix compatibility list there is CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 ver4.31, I have CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 . I think that ver4.31 is samsung B-die, my is hynix. Will it work on strix board at full speed? Anyone here with strix board and this ram?

5) Would x370 strix VRM (6+2) be enough for Zen2 CPU (10-12core??)?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Occt - IBT AVX and some questions - R5 1600 stock

yea its odd i found same issue in different way somewhat.  occt always at 16 minutes it would fail. i traced this back to ryzen and the timer of frequency issue they will always have it looks like. since ryzen has big issue with timer in windows anyway.. it dosent seem to be a issue of failing the occt test just an amd issue that may always be there. owell. its an amd fail at this point..

sometimes i kinda laugh at this late stage in the game people still look at mobo compatabiltiy for ram whae you really just need to know ryzen compatability not mobe since thats just a gimmick on mobo sites anyway. just get gskill flare-x and b done with it.. dont bother with compat on mobo site lists, since thats just a kick back sales tactic...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

i still cant figure out why people still try to buy corsair crap ram... its just a known problem corsair ram suks for ryzen and its even crap latency on any pc is just a givin.. if you like corsair buy the water cooler thats what they build good . water and electric dont mix well hence corsair. even the psu is half asst from corsair so why bother. just get what a company makes best.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Before I buy motherboard I asked on two forums which ram to buy, hynix corsair or hynix gskill. They answer the same, it doesn`t matter Now it is too late to change ram

Regarding IBT AVX some users have much better results in Speed (Gflops). One user with 2133mhz ram and r3 1400 4.0ghz have that score around 80gflops while I have around 53gflops with 2400mhz. Could that be because memory is not set up good, bad timmings?

Here is my timmings:

ryzentimmings.PNG

On that picture geardown mode is set to disabled but in BIOS is set to AUTO

what about that option ProcODT? Shoul I set it to  60Ohm? I read that this option is important...

are settings ok for 2400mhz (memory is CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Being you have AIDA64, Use the SPD button to find which chips your ram has. According to the QVL for my board this was supposed to be single rank Hynix but it's dual rank Micron and won't run at 2667. Corsair changes chips more often than they're underwear.Junk Corsair.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

here it is:

memory1.PNG

I am worried that my memory isn`t running well, that it has speed problems....

UPDATE: More testing from AIDA64:

mem1.PNG

mem2.PNG

mem3.PNG

mem4.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Being it's hynix I don't think you'll see 3200 with it. Here is my 1600 @ 3.8 with G.Skill flareX 2400 running at 2667 on the same motherboard as yours even though it's not listed as I haven't upgraded AIDA64. Not much difference considering my overclock.1600 Mem.pngmemory read 1600.pngmem-copy 1600.pngMem latency 1600.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Thanks for pictures. I am going soon to change the mbo that I will have probably better luck with memory speed.

Question for latency:

Is latency important for game smoothness?

One guy on other forum wrote this:

"Your memory is doing better than mine in everything except latency. When I first tested it in Passmark the latency was 75, and the last time it tested at 65. My system is way snappier now and the mouse is faster and more precise in games."

So high latency (above 90 in my case) can affect games?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Your latency isn't really that bad on that benchmark considering most of the lower latencies above yours were done using DD3, DDR2, etc, which run at much lower CAS latencies, but don't have the bandwidth that DDR4 has. And bandwidth is what you want. Look at it like a pipeline. DDR2 and 3 have smaller pipelines than DDR4. The data might get in faster, but the amount of data the pipeline can transfer is smaller.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

So my latency (93ns) in any way won`t effect game smoothness? So my 60fps in game is fluid as any other 60fps with lower latency?

0 Kudos