cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

h3r3t1k
Journeyman III

OC R5 1600 to 3.7GHz without messing with the voltage?

Jump to solution

I don't want crazy performance gains with increasing the voltage. There's a lot videos on OCing the R5s but while they recommend a voltage that worked for THEM they never say what the base voltage is and if they had to increase it by a little or a lot to be stable. I don't wanna mess with the voltage at all really and I'd be happy with a 3.7GHz base clock, maybe try for 3.8. How likely would you say is it that I can do that without increasing the voltage?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agello24
Adept I

Re: OC R5 1600 to 3.7GHz without messing with the voltage?

Jump to solution

i got my 1600 to 3.8 with no adjustments. i own a asus b350 prime MB.  the first attempt went successful without any voltage adjustments.  to be on the safe side, i hit the "+" one time in the bios voltage adjustment.. both times ran fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
agello24
Adept I

Jump to solution

i got my 1600 to 3.8 with no adjustments. i own a asus b350 prime MB.  the first attempt went successful without any voltage adjustments.  to be on the safe side, i hit the "+" one time in the bios voltage adjustment.. both times ran fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes