cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DocBretti
Adept I

No display with Ryzen 5 3600x

I just bought a ryzen 5 3600x kit with 32gigs of ram. I installed everything, plugged in all necessary cables and started the system.
Mainboard is an asrock X370M-HDV. Result is, i have no picture on my screen.
Everything starts, the fans are running, i can hear my one mechanical hdd starting and see all led's running (power, hdd).
No matter if i use my plugged in rx570 or if i remove it and use the onboard graphic, nothing on display.
Also, the mainboard doesn't give any error beeps. Checked all cables again, removed one ram modul and plugged all two in both slots and then both together in again, no change.
I assumed that there is a bios update necessary but if i look at the specs of this board, it should support matisse cpu from the first bios on. And if i'm not mistaken, ryzen 5 3600x is matisse.
Power supply is a bequiet system power with 600 watt. This should definetely be enough, especially when there is no extra pcie card in any slot.
Any help is appreciated.

1 Solution
DocBretti
Adept I

I don't like to reply to myself but it's happening with a smile on my face.
Just plugged the rx570 back in again, removed the ram's and plugged them back in, too.
Everything is fine now and works as expected.
So this one is SOLVED.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DocBretti
Adept I

I don't like to reply to myself but it's happening with a smile on my face.
Just plugged the rx570 back in again, removed the ram's and plugged them back in, too.
Everything is fine now and works as expected.
So this one is SOLVED.

I was just getting ready to post on your issue and warn not to do what I did a couple of years ago.  Just like your situation, all lights on, fans running, beep codes on system post, etc. etc.  Narrowed it down to the motherboard or CPU.  Purchased a new CPU and motherboard plugged in the monitor and same thing, black screen.  I checked everything, except the monitor that just up and died.  Lesson learned after 40 years of building machines.  

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

Yeah well, sometimes it's the most easy solution you don't see at all.

Gotta love electronics. Nothing looks wrong and you did nothing difference other than take it apart and put it back together the same way and it works for lifetime no problem.

Except in tractors and combines! lol

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Soul--Reaver
Adept I

Small note
I don't think the 3600X has onboard graphics so a discrete GPU would be required.

That's completely right, yes. In between my Ryzen is still operating but enhanched with a Radeon RX 7800 XT. 
AMD for the win!  

0 Likes