cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

vbfd034
Journeyman III

No display port on PCIe slot 1

Naturally I assumed this was a DOA motherboard and the store replaced it immediately. To my surprise I'm having the exact same issue with a new board. I've tried 4 different GPU's so far. Display ports work fine on slots 2-4 and DVI works on all slots.

I've unplugged everything from the board except the GPU, CPU and 1 stick of memory in slot A1. I've also put in a stick of memory that is on the QVL in this configuration and the problem persist.

I'm not sure how the architecture works could I possibly have a bad CPU?

Thanks very much for all your help.

BUILD:

MB: Asus ROG x399 Zenith Extreme

CPU: Ryzen Thredripper 1920

CPU Cooler: Fractal Design Celcius S36, fans switched out for Corsair ML120

RAM: 8x DDR4 G.Skill Trident 8GB (currently running at 1066Mhz)

GPU: 2x Asus ROG Strix 1080ti

PSU: Corsair HX1000i

BOOT DISK: Samsung 960 m.2 1TB

STORAGE: 4x intel 540 SSD 1TB in RAID0 using Windows Disk Management (because raid over the board is non-functional, more on that later)

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

Case Cooling: 2x Corsair ML140 intake (plus 3 from cpu rad cooling), 3x Corsair ML120 exhaust

Fan control: Corsair link via Commander Mini Pro case keeps positive pressure from 400rmp to 2400rpm

0 Likes
2 Replies

Is possible, the controller went out in my 1800X and caused me to incur near $300 in expenses as well as a month of downtime, though it sounds very odd, but it seems you've eliminated all the other possible causes. amdmatt​ you've one of these things, what's it sound like to you?

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply Black_zion, what do you think amdmatt?

0 Likes