cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Rotesmonsti
Journeyman III

New system with ryzen 5600x doesnt post

A few weeks ago my old mainboard broke, so I bought a Asus Prime x570 Pro and a ryzen 5 5600x but it still wouldn't post. Everything lit up as normal but nothing on the screen. After i saw that the dram Q-LED was on i looked on the list for compatible ram becuase my old ram didnt seem to be compatible as it also wasnt in the list. I bought kingston hyper fury rgb ram 3200 8gb and 1 stick. Now I put it in but the led still would light up and now I even took the mainboard out and just put cpu, ram, power adapter, the amd cooler and my gtx 1080 strix in but still the led lights up and it still doesnt post. Is it because the bios version isnt current one, so it isnt compatible with ryzen 5000 or is maybe the power adapter or the mainboard broken? I mean they all light up and when i turn it on. And if it is the bios (even though the CPU Q-LED doesn't light up) do i have to buy a ryzen 3000 cpu just to get into the bios?

0 Likes
2 Replies

For your new Processor to be recognized by your Asus Prime X570 Motherboard you MUST have BIOS version 2606 or newer installed. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X570-PRO/HelpDesk_CPU/

Screenshot 2020-11-14 140516.png

Asus Motherboard shows what BIOS version you have installed on the Motherboard from the factory. You probably going to need to remove the CPU Cooler to see a long thin white label next to the CPU Socket. Look for BOH: XXXX on the label. Probably the second line at the end. That will the BIOS version you have installed.

If BOH: is lower than 2606 you must first update the BIOS Version to 2606 or newer for your new Processor to be recognized and able to boot up.

Once you install the correct BIOS Version then it is a good chance your RAM issue will disappear unless you have a defective Motherboard or you have incompatible RAM installed.

Unfortunately, Your Motherboard doesn't come with the BIOS FLASHBACK feature which is a button on the rear of the Motherboard where you install a USB Flash drive with your BIOS Update and it will update the BIOS on the motherboard automatically without booting up.

So now you are going to need to find another Ryzen CPU that is supported by the BIOS version you have installed to update to BIOS Version 2606

But if the BIOS on your Motherboard is version installed is 2606 or newer than you may have a defective Hardware issue like a bad motherboard or RAM or CPU etc. 

I would install a small BEEP speaker so you can listen to the BEEPS it makes while trying to boot up. That will confirm your LED Trouble code.

0 Likes

You have the same exact problem with another User in which I just replied on how to find out what BIOS version you have installed on your Motherboard from the Factory. Same exact Make & Model motherboard as yours.

You probably going to need to remove the CPU Cooler to see a small long thin label next to the Motherboard's CPU Socket. On that label located the following words: BOH:XXXX . Probably on the second line at the end.  The 4 digit number after BOH: is your motherboard's installed BIOS Version.

If it is less than BIOS Version 2606 than you need to update the BIOS to your motherboard to version 2606 for the motherboard to recognize and boot up with your new processor: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X570-PRO/HelpDesk_CPU/

Screenshot 2020-11-14 140516.png

Unfortunately your Asus X570 Motherboard doesn't come with the BIOS FLASHBACK feature which is a button on the rear of the Motherboard where you can update the BIOS using a USB Flash drive without booting the computer.

So you are going to need to find another Rzyen processor that is supported by your BIOS installed on your motherboard to be able to update to BIOS Version 2606 or newer.

If your motherboard does show you have BIOS version 2606 or newer installed than you probably have defective hardware or incompatibilities.

I would install a BEEP Speaker to see what hardware it indicates as having problems if you do have BIOS version 2606 installed.

Make sure you have all the Motherboard's Power connections plugged in and on your GPU card if applicable.

0 Likes