cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kittheman
Journeyman III

new shipments arriving

Hello. I built my new gaming PC to use a Ryzen 5600x. They are all out of stock or too expensive for me. When can I expect new shipments of these to arrive in the US? Thanks.

10 Replies
BoulderSquatch
Journeyman III

From what I have gathered there is not an ETA on them and there has not been any stock since their launch day. I am also waiting on a 5950x.

0 Likes

There has been Here in Canada off and on,mostly off,but people selling them are asking way too much.

Whats the hold up on the 5950x? did they stop producing them or just can't keep up with demand?

0 Likes

They are producing drips and will be March or April before there is any stock.  They are also heavily helping SCALPERS by not taking preorders and not giving delivery dates.  Very disappointed AMD !

Huge Demand,TSMC can't keep up,they make chips for AMD CPU's and GPU's,the Playstation,Xbox among many others,now Intel is going to start using them,so Yea,Demand is high Lately.

0 Likes

Is 5900x used in those?

0 Likes

@Coachz wrote:

Is 5900x used in those?

The silicone wafers that makes them all is.

0 Likes
mfchavez
Journeyman III

Sign up for stock informers discord and get notified the second they come on sale mainly Amazon. Got mine ordered 1/3/21. Wasn’t supposed to ship till March but ended up getting it yesterday. The usually sell out in less then a minute though.Tried for two straight weeks

0 Likes

Ain't nobody got time for that.  AMD should take orders WHILE providing an expected delivery date AND have extra stock with an RMA process that takes days, not many many weeks in case you get a bad one.  OR they can keep supporting the scalpers.

0 Likes

@Coachz wrote:

Ain't nobody got time for that.  AMD should take orders WHILE providing an expected delivery date AND have extra stock with an RMA process that takes days, not many many weeks in case you get a bad one.  OR they can keep supporting the scalpers.

They can't do that.
Because they have no control over the fab.

Intel can do it because they own their own fabs.  So they have an idea of when the production cycle is going to spit the stuff out.

And if it's going to be March/April/May before the 5000 series drops in ernest, I'm sorry, but I'm NOT buying a 3000 series at virtually the same price to "tide me over".

These shenanigans are going to push me back to Intel.  As much as I want to throw my money at AMD.

I'm limping along on a dying 11-year old system NOW.  It's my work computer and I cannot take a chance it's going to barf, die, and take my data with it.

0 Likes