Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

blazedge
Journeyman III

New setup restarting just after running games/benchmark

Greetings,

I need some help identifying a problem I have with my new setup.

The setup; PSU  - corsair VS650 (the only one I kept from my previous setup)

mobo - MSI b450m mortar

GPU  - RX580 (was working for 1 month with my previous setup without the said problem)

CPU  - Ryzen 5 2600

RAM  - G.skill 8gb ddr4 3000mhz (as temporary solution)

SSD  - Samsung 850 evo

The problem; I just installed new windows 10, all AMD and MSI drivers I could find for the GPU and the motherboard, did a bios update and run Superposition benchmark. When it finishes the loading screen the pc restarts.

All I can add is that the same(?) crash happens when I try to run the game Monster Hunter World. The pc restarts just before the game reaches the press-any-button-to-enter-the-menu screen. (That's where I found the problem. I did the format after that.) Temps were GPU - 45 and CPU - 50 just before the restart. I also tried running the game Borderlands 2 which ran without an issue. Last thing I noticed is that when the restart happens the EZ debug LED on the motherboard flashes indicating the CPU.

Any help with troubleshooting would be appreciated.

0 Likes
10 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

blazedge, please do a Clear CMOS using  the instructions in your User Manual.  Do not change any BIOS settings or use any applications to OC your system.  Post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  What does this mean: "... 3000mhz (as temporary solution)"?  Solution to what?  Please look in your minidump folder (in Windows folder) and if not empty, compress it and attach it here.  What version of W10 are you running - please use winver in a command prompt.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hello John,

I just did the Clear CMOS; the restarts are still there.

I'll have to apologize for the RAM; I meant that I still wait for the RAMs I want to use to arrive; totally irrelevant and misleading. My bad.

I'll have you waiting for the minidump folder cause it seems that there isn't one. I'm currently checking the RAM as suggested in a thread.

Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS build 17763.615)

0 Likes

Thanks, blazedge, for the screenshot.  It may be easier to simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Please open your system Properties and set it like this to get a minidump:

pastedImage_1.jpg

Your RM looks good - memory is running at 2133 MHz, which is fine till you get a handle on this.  Do you have one or two sticks of memory?  Right click This PC-Event Viewer-Windows Logs-System-Filter Current Log- check Critical, then OK.  Please post a screenshot if not empty.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I adjusted the system properties (changed the write debugging info from automatic and unchecked the automatic restart) and still cannot get a minidump folder to appear in C:\windows after I force the error.

I am waiting to fix this problem to set the RAM at 3000MHz if that's what you suggest. Its a one-stick.

Please correct me if this is not the screenshot you asked.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Yes that it is, blazedge, thanks.  Please look at the Details (tab on bottom of screenshot) of several and one.  I have seen lots of these on my systems.  Some were due to running a RAID (are you?) and some were bad memory.  Hopefully some (or all) of these will have STOP Codes we can make sense of.  One of mine:

pastedImage_1.jpg

If you double click an item, you should get this.  If you click Copy, you can paste the whole message into your reply.  I agree 100% with your memory plan.  When do you expect your new memory?  BTW, one stick only gives 50% memory bandwidth.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

No I am not running a RAID. I was expecting the RAMs last Friday; now I am waiting on an update.

I opened the details of all the errors I posted and I pasted 2 versions of them. The rest are identical to the 1st or the 2nd.

(1st)

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 7/15/2019 2:27:19 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-03PKG3U
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>6</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-07-15T11:27:19.021534900Z" />
<EventRecordID>1773</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-03PKG3U</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

(2nd)

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 7/15/2019 12:20:44 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-03PKG3U
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>6</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-07-14T21:20:44.782009400Z" />
<EventRecordID>1392</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-03PKG3U</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">6</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">3221225684</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">9</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">1</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

0 Likes

Thanks, blazedge.  I have seen a lot of "BugcheckCode">0.  I think these were all memory associated.  Hope your new memory eliminates them.  I suggest waiting to see.  Please let the new sticks run at default speed (slower), then use an XMP to 3000 MHz when all is confirmed well.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
amd_user7950
Adept II

Your PSU might not have enough high spike potential or simply not stable enough for your components.

0 Likes
blazedge
Journeyman III

Thank you both for helping me with your suggestions and your time.

I was lucky enough to find a spare psu; all runs smoothly till now.

0 Likes

blazedge, I am glad amd.user7950 posted!  I usually ask for PS specifications but failed to this time.  Please tell us what PS you were running.  Thanks much, amd.user7950. 

Enjoy, John.

0 Likes