Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hav0k
Adept I

New Ryzen build freezing

Hello Everyone

I would very much like any support I can get in resolving this issue.

I just finished a brand new Ryzen build. It runs very well under load, but freezes randomly at idle. By "freezes" i mean it's like everything stops responding instantly, mouse doesn't move, no BSOD, no restart, no graphical artifacts.

The only way out is cold reboot via the case reset button.

CPU: 1800x

MB: ASRock x370 Taichi (with latest BIOS as of now - 4.40)

RAM G.Skill Flare-X 3200

GPU: Asus ROG RX580

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W

System temps are very well within normal parameters. Cooling is provided by 3x140mm Noctua fans connected directly into the MB (So i can monitor their RPM and adjust PWM curve), CPU is cooled by an NH-U12S SE-AM4. System voltages from the PSU are rock-stable too - the Seasonic doesn't break a sweat.

This is a system which I intend to use for my daily work and stability is of utmost importance for me. I haven't overclocked anything - everything is at stock "Auto". I even down-stepped the RAM from the XMP-3200 profile to the safe JEDEC 2400Mhz.

Brand new Windows 10 x64 Pro installed on a Samsung 960 Evo 256GB SSD.

Latest OS updates applied.

Latest drivers for the Chipset, GPU and other peripherals applied.

Latest BIOS.

Latest firmware for the SSD drives.

Disabled PCI Express Link State Power Management (within Power Options).

Disabled Hard Disk Turnoff timeout (within Power Options).

Ran sfc and dism.

The funny thing is it rock-stable on all the stress tests i threw at it. 3DMark, CPU-Z, Aida64, Heaven Benchmark, and several hours of Memtest86. It's just this totally random hard lock screen freeze (or whatever you can name it) when I'm basically doing nothing - like writing in a text document or going around in the Control Panel, or even when i'm not at the computer at all. There's nothing in the Event Log (besides the improper shutdown message), no crash dumps either.

Sorry for the long post, but i'm very frustrated and disappointed. If I could just reproduce the issue every time that would be great and narrow-down the possible culprit, but alas...

0 Likes
1 Solution
hav0k
Adept I

Please check my thread on the ASRock support forums for the solution:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7890

View solution in original post

56 Replies