Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

velome
Journeyman III

Re: New Ryzen build freezing

Jump to solution

Hi samx‌ I have the same mobo Gigabyte B450M-DS3H, was facing freezes from 5 sec to few minutes with a Reyzen 5 2600X and everything is stable since I did that in BIOS :

- I disabled C-State.

- I get in the pstates setting and disable ALL pstate except the first and put it to manual at full cpu speed.

It's a litle bite late but maybe it can help others

samx
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi velome‌ I had tried the C state and P state but after few weeks it didn't work anymore. I must tell you that this is a design fault for this particular motherboard. There are many people with this problem. You shouldn't have to run your CPU at 100% full power all the time to fix a problem which gigabyte made! I have since sold the mobo and got Asus TUF B450 plus gaming and it has been flawless. Gigabyte and ASrock have this kind of problem. See if you can sell it or RMA/warranty it. It's a faulty mobo i am afraid.

overclock98
Adept I

Jump to solution

after doing this my computer has become sluggish and at times my pc lags so much that the computers reads my mouse movements after 5-10 seconds, it has not fixed the stuttering in games sadly, I think only option left now is to switch to intel 

0 Likes
ihoran777
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi samx‌ 

I do not think that different manufacturers have the same problems in production, and so globally.

I think that Windows still not able to work correctly with power systems on new chip.

I also previously played with C state and P in the Bios, then I just turned the BIOS to standard settings.

I do not have freezing after turning on the HIGH PERFORMANCE profile in Windows Power Management.

By the way, I have a problem with the PC at the office where I work.
There, the Core i5 8500H, solved the problem in the same way.

On Linux everything worked without problems, because it does not interfere with CPU power as much as Windows
----------------------------------
I also had another problem with the MSI RX460 4G OC. Sometimes the PC hangs completely + black screen + strange sound from speakers or headphones. This problem was only for Windows.

I lowered the frequency to those written on the AMD site.

Because MSI somehow decided to overclock a graphics card that does not have a connector for additional power.
This problem is also solved. 
----------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700 (my chip release date 02.2017)
MB: MSI B350 PRO VDH
GPU: MSI RX460 4Gb OC
RAM: 2X8 Kingston Hyperx fury 2400
SSD: AMD Radeon R3 120GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
PS: Aerocool KCAS-600 600W

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Jump to solution

MSI seems to default with memory timings that are too tight, so selecting a slower set seems to make things far more stable.

0 Likes
nover607
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello I am having a similar problem but when I play games or try to do anything else it will freeze my screen and can’t move my stuff I have a gtx 1660 a ryzen 5 3400g mother board is a Tuf gaming B450P ram is Corsair vengeance 8GB at 2934 hrz win10 home 64Bit

i have done all the things I could think of to fix but hasn’t fixed tried to do a restore on the system but the pc froze on it 

0 Likes
samx
Adept II

Jump to solution

hi,the problem in your case seems to be like RAM problem. update bios or run ram at 2133 mhz speed.

0 Likes
nover607
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It’s not the ramm as it still freezes plus it might be the fact that it’s only at a bass of 2400 hrz

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
pajicadvance
Adept I

Jump to solution

I know this is a pretty old thread but I just want to share my experience with this exact same issue and how I fixed it.

I built a brand new system with a ryzen 5 2600, b450 mobo, rx 580. For the PSU I got a Seasonic M12ii Evo 520W. The system worked fine, or so I thought, until the exact same issue as described here started occuring like 2 days after building the PC. Completely random freezes while the PC is idle or under basic usage, like web browsing, watching videos etc. , forcing me to hard reset.

I updated my BIOS, tried hav0k's solution above to change the BIOS option to Typical Current Idle. Nothing. Tried messing around with other power options, both in windows and the BIOS. Still nothing. Then I tried to overclock the CPU and set it to run at a fixed clock and voltage. As this disables the c6/c7 states, the freezing stopped. But that wasn't a proper solution for me. I had no interest in overclocking my CPU at all. Soo..
I found this new "advanced" PSU tier list. I noticed that my Seasonic PSU was at the lowest tier, with a note: "doesn't meet c6/c7". At this point I was furious and completely sure that the PSU is at fault. So I got rid of it (sold it to some unlucky guy, let's just hope that he doesn't use Ryzen) and got myself a Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W. Reverted my BIOS settings and power options to default. Guess what? Absolutely ZERO freezes since then.
So if you have this issue, it's very much a possibility that your PSU doesn't properly support c6/c7 states, and you have to get a new one which does if you want to use your CPU's power saving capabilities.

0 Likes
nover607
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello thanks for the reply but that was not my issue mine was was with falt with the bios not excepting the ryzen 5 3400 g on the board I was using and had to go with the X570 version of the board I had and is working properly now

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes