Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ihoran777
Journeyman III

Re: New Ryzen build freezing

Jump to solution

Somebody writes about hardware issues (I also thought that before). And now I think that this is a software problem. Because when I bought a new pc, everything worked perfectly. The problems occurred after reinstalling windows to a newer version. At a time when windows had permanent crashes and did not help anything. I installed a Linux because I needed to work, and I had no problems with it. Now I use windows again as the main system, 17 days everything works perfectly

0 Likes
samx
Adept II

Jump to solution

I had the exact same issue! Everything worked perfectly until I installed the latest windows 10 update and the newest BIOS update on the same day. A couple of days later, the crashing started at idle. Now i don't know what is causing it. I even downgraded to the old BIOS but the crashing problem at idle has stayed. I even re-installed windows and sometimes it crashes during windows install. It's so random(mostly during idle) and i can't reproduce it always.

0 Likes
ihoran777
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Try another operating system (for the test). The old version is Windows 10 or Windows 7. Do not use any beta driver.

0 Likes
ihoran777
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I now have "windows 10 version 1803 (build version 17134.345)" on it still everything works fine

0 Likes
lolobob
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've been suffering for a year and a half from seemingly random freezes especially cruising the web never under heavy rendering load.

I was disheartened and ready to give up AMD.

To make a long and agonizing story short: One of my RAM stick apparently wasn't pushed in hard enough, The latches were closed but after removing and re-siting them I finally have stability!

So it was my fault all-along. MSI recommends a pressure of 25 to 30lbs to set the ram in. no joke.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Jump to solution

i hope everyone has updated their BIOS to the latest version, often a new one can fix problems

I need full rig specs to be able to help identify issues

CPU, motherboard and memory

0 Likes
iweed
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Im having  a similar issue with my  new ( less than 1 month  old) Ryzen 7 2700x

I thought it was Windows related, so I switched to Ubuntu 16.04, then to  18.04 . All three always fail.

The Guaranteed way ( for me) to cause the freeze/fail is by compiling LLVM source code 8.0 &/or  9.0 with ninja as the compiler on all platforms. Im assuming( in my case scenario ) that this is due to the default amount of threads utilized.

Also when compiling the AMDSEV source code on Ubuntu 18.04 , I experienced the same failure/ indefinite freeze.

When I initially set up my rig with a regular (non solid state) hardrive, I didn't experience as many failures when compiling source code.

My specs are attached.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 2700X ( Pinnacle Ridge)

MOTHERBOARD: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B79)

RAM: 32 GB CORSAIR ( 2 sticks of 16 GB) (  A -die)

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

PSU : Rosewell Hercules 1600

GPU : AMD RX 580  (Polaris)

HD : Crucial MX500 SSD

BIOS : A.92 AMD AGESA COMBO - AM4 0.0.7.22333.png

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Jump to solution

try resetting your BIOS to defaults and see if that is stable. I use MSI so I am more familiar with their settings.

I have G,Skill memory which I have found from experience to work well with AMD hardware. No idea how about others.

0 Likes
overclock98
Adept I

Jump to solution

I am sorry for the late reply, but I myself have been plagued by this issue with the same problem with the exact same motherboard, the fix to this is to go into bios and disable global c state, I hope you have not RMA'd the parts, I had also run tests for over 4 hours and not a single hitch during the benchmarks, I had made my mind to sell the parts and buy Intel but then I gave it one last try and tried searching and came across this problem people encounter with C state, tried it and it works just fine now.

0 Likes
hav0k
Adept I

Jump to solution

Please check my answer above about the "Power Supply Idle Control" option in BIOS. You don't need to disable global C states.

0 Likes