cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dligac
Adept II

New Ryzen 3900x x570 random restarts, WHEA-logger error ID17, PCI Express Endpoint, no bsod, no log, no dump

3900x w x570 mobo is crashing, new build, random freeze but (way more frequently) restarts with no events in the evenviewer present before the crash happens. It just looks like someone pushed the restart button. I've read about the WHEA-Logger events in the eventviewer and intdeed it seems to be my 2080Ti is causing some issue with the PCI Express slot.
Whether or not this is the reason why my PC restarts is not definitive tho as I have literally no way of determining which component causes the crash. I have an 850W gold rated EVGA power supply so that should not be an issue. Also I was able to play metro exodus with all the fancy raytracing turned up all the way with no issues whatsoever. Then I just checked the windows app store and it suddenly restarted. I have no clue what to do about it. 

157 Replies
fredoz13
Adept I

Re: New Ryzen 3900x x570 random restarts, WHEA-logger error ID17, PCI Express Endpoint, no bsod, no log, no dump

I have the same problem , I have random restarts when i'm playing Black Desert Online or other games. My configuration is Ryzen  3900X, Msi x570 meg Ace with the lastest bios  , rtx2080 and 850w PSU.  I see the famous Whea-Logger in my eventviewer and also a critical error Kernel power id41 (63).  I have made some PSU test with OCCT during 2h and it works fine. So its nice since I have 3900X / X570 i can't play. What can I do ? Need help

conraire
Adept III

Re: New Ryzen 3900x x570 random restarts, WHEA-logger error ID17, PCI Express Endpoint, no bsod, no log, no dump

Have you tried setting the PCIe lane to PCIe 3.0 instead of 4.0?  The only other thing I can think of, is similar to what I had to do for stability, would be to adjust cpu load line calibration setting up or down until it becomes stable.  Also make sure PBO and Auto OC are turned off/disabled. 

dligac
Adept II

Yes when I first saw the whea logger I didn't even know about this whole problem and that was the first thing I did. However I have to say my restarts are very rare. They happen only once or twice a day and I can game hours on end sometimes. However it's still unsettling and still in the back of my mind I am waiting for it to hang and shutdown.

dligac
Adept II

What I'm going to try is use HWinfo logging ability to see what is going on shortly before it shuts down (assuming the file gets saved).

I hate to say this but I honestly did not expect this level of sloppiness from 500 euro processor and 200 euro board. I think this is unacceptable.

ultimatethor
Journeyman III

I have been having the same issue. Once every day or two my computer will randomly shut down and it requires a hard reset (flipping the psu switch) to be able to boot again. Also the way the Mobo boots seems like its almost like when recognizing new hardware as it posts twice. My temps are fine at all times and I'm at a loss for what this could be. My specs are below.

MOBO: X470 Asus Crosshair Hero VII 

CPU: Ryzen 3900x

CPU Cooler: Kracken X62

Ram: 32gb G.Skill RGB @3200htz 

GPU: Zotac 2080ti

NVME M.2: 512gb Intel 660

PSU: Corsair HX850i

dligac
Adept II

I don't have quite the same problem, mine just restarted HOWEVER I did figure out my problem, and looking at your build it's worth a try. I see you have 32GB of 3200mhz memory is is dual channel or quad channel? I have 32GB of 3200mhz dual channel RAM and it just wouldn't want to run at that speed. However it seemed like no issues were occuring without XMP eituer on 2400mhz (different kit same specs) or 2133. I tried punching the timings clocks and voltages myself to no avail it restarted even faster. So I enabled XMP and underclocked to 3000mhz. It's been running all day long yesterday and today and seems stable. So maybe my issue wasn't whea-logger tho I still get the error in the event viewer sometimes. 

ian_klein
Adept I

Hi, I'm also getting the same issue it just restarts randomly whether the pc is idle or in full load. I already tried a couple of things and managed to use the computer all day I thought I fixed it but it started restarting again, the screen just goes black(power is still on) and it restarts. 

I tried:

adding voltage 0.1 voltage to the cpu in bios and resetting it through ryzen master to get 1.3 voltage

setting PCI-E to 3.0

installed ryzen power plan and other drivers from the AMD and MSI website

I also tried to run a full load test on the CPU, GPU and RAM using Heavyload for 30 mins and it went fine

-- Also my PSU only has a single 8pin 12v rail and the board has 2 8pin connectors for the cpu but I think that is not an issue since I'm not overclocking anything.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

MOBO: MSI X570 Ace Meg

CPU: Ryzen 3900x - stock cooler

Ram: 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 3200

GPU: Galax GTX1070

PSU: Seasonic m2ii 620 modular

0 Likes
dligac
Adept II

Your mobo is higher priced but similar vrm to my aorus elite (honestly anything x570 between 200-400 range is pretty much the same in terms of performance minus the features) and you have the same cpu and most importantly ram. I have the exact same kit (unless yours is quad channel 4x8gb) and what seems to help me is underclocking the ram to 3000mhz. As I come to understand, ryzen loves samsung b-die chips however corsair uses hynix chips. Other user reports he can't get the ram work at anything over 3000mhz unless it's a b-die chip. So try that and let us know if it helped.

0 Likes
dligac
Adept II

I'll just post my build here if anyone's interested:

CPU: Ryzen 9 - 3900x (using stock cooler)

GPU: GeForce RTX 2080Ti (Zotac TwinFan)

PSU: EVGA gold 80+ 850W

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz CL16 2x16GB kit (currently stable at 3000mhz)

MBO: Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570