Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dlacave
Journeyman III

new processor on mother board

I there (i'm french)

I have installed AMD RYZEN 5 2600X on a ASUS PRIME X370-PRO

On starting poser, no "bips". fans are running.

Question ? is there any manipulation to erase old processor on my mother board for using the brand new processor R5 2600 ?

Thanks for yours answers

0 Likes
6 Replies

Did you update your BIOS to the latest version? 

You need the updated BIOS to run newer CPU s like the Ryzen 2600x.

Andy

0 Likes
dlacave
Journeyman III

Hy there

I can't update the bios because nothing append on the screen.

I heard that the Ryzen 5 2600x doesnt support vidéocard itself

it seems that i need to instal an external video card to have acces on bios

0 Likes

Correct, the 2600X does not have integral graphics.  You need a discrete graphics card in order to display graphics on your monitor.  However, like everyone else here has mentioned, that may not be the only problem.  Being that it is an X370 motherboard, you may not have a bios that supports 2nd gen Ryzen.  Your motherboard may not post until you update it to the newest bios.  You can only do this with a 1st gen Ryzen (Ryzen 1xxx series, which also needs a graphics card).  You many need to borrow a 1st gen Ryzen processor to update to a bios version that supports 2nd gen Ryzen.

I would suggest getting a graphics card first, you may be lucky and the bios may be current enough to support your CPU.

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Its possible that your motherboard did not yet have a bios that adds 2nd Gen Ryzen processor compatibility.

What you will need to do is either with a different computer or by installing a 1st gen ryzen processor, download the latest bios for your board, Rename it with the renaming tool that will be included, and use bios flashback to update the bios.

0 Likes
dlacave
Journeyman III

Well done.

I have added an external graphic card.

Bios appaers :-) on my screen

Thanks a lot for every thing and sorry for the mistakes

Best regards

0 Likes
vincent4
Journeyman III

The few cases where you cannot change the processor are when the processor is directly soldered onto the motherboard upsers. In some very low cost or ultra portable/miniaturized systems this will be the case.

0 Likes